News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Quantity Pricing? Three prices / quantity points per product.

Started by Kevin3068, October 08, 2012, 16:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin3068

Perhaps someone can help me with this question...  I need to be able to have three quantity based prices / ranges per product. In other words

1 $5.00
2 - 12 - $4.50
12+ $4.00

However - I need to have these three prices be for each product. It can not be "a rule" or "a calculation" because the prices are arbitrary per product. In other words they are not 2-12 20% off, as they arent decided mathematically they are decided by what the client decides they will be.

Is there a component / plug in / code patch or hack that does this? Like I said Im not looking for a calculation rule like the plugin I found. Im looking for something that allows you to define 3 price points and to enter three prices for each product based on those price points.  Also - it shouldnt calculate at checkout, it should calculate when it goes in the cart.  Ie the item is $5.00 if they put QTY 10 in the cart, it should show "10@$4.50=45.00" not 50 and then take a discount at the checkout.

Also - it shouldnt break when the code updates... LOL

Anyone know of something like this? If there isnt such an animal I am going to make one but I dont want to reinvent the wheel if its already out there and available.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Kevin3068

Thank you, but that doesnt seem to be what I need. Looking at the tutorial and description of that - it seems to work on calculation rules.

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/10-calculation-rules/11-quantity-plugin

Thats not what I need. What I need is three simple quantiity ranges that will be the same for all products. and the ability to add 3 prices for the different quantities. Setting up a rule for each product will be incredibly unweildy for the client, and not functionally practical as the pricing wont be some calculated value it will be arbitrary based on the individual product. Ie - we dont want to calculate 20% off on 10, we want to specify X on 10.

Is there anything like that?

CDCG

Why isn't quantity pricing a built in feature?  It appears VM 2 is less capable than VM 1 in many basic ways.  Is there a timeline for adding?  And yes, I know there is an add-on you can buy, but I would think that all the features of VM 1 would be in VM 2.  Thanks, CDCG Staff