News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Problems with tax calculation view on front-end

Started by remeedella, October 07, 2012, 07:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remeedella

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate over and I'm getting near completion... I need help with this website http://submissionfc.com/clone/jupgrade

Whats happening is a problem with how taxes are displayed. I can get the right tax amount calculated on my products now and I can select which pricing options are shown however, all products are showing price with the taxes on it if your logged in. The prices show neatly as they should when you aren't logged in looking in categories, product details, etc you will see your products price listed with the calculated tax... I dont know how to turn this off and only show tax calculation pricing on checkout page?

Thank you,

jeremy

remeedella

I seriously  cannot get this setup properly.

I very simply want to show register to checkout in the cart. Then this text 'PHPSHOP_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL' shows up in registration process instead of 'Bill to Information' or just being blank would be prefer.

I need to have regular prices shown throughout website whether you are logged in or not, not prices adjusted by tax. I only have 1 tax in the tax and calculations settings for californian customers, the moment you are logged in, if you are in product details, categories or anywhere it will show taxed prices even if you are not from california.. ?? I only want tax prices to show in the actual checkout cart. I don't know what i'm missing I seriously need this website up and ready IMMEDIATELY. Please support me

bytelord

Hello,

Before someone can help you please tell us your joomla and vm versions you are using. A little bit strange is PHPSHOP_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL, this is refereed to virtuemart 1, not 2! Did you make your upgrade sucesfully?

btw, when you login, are you able to see the taxes? if yes then edit your calculation rule and remove state/country/shoppergroups, so everyone will able to see them.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

remeedella

I don't have a clue what I did but after trying different combinations of settings for 20 hours I seem to have it working as requested. I had to hack a lot of files to to the best of my ability that will be non-upgradeable, there is one concern I have now..

http://www.submissionfc.com/clone/jupgrade/

Still, in the account details page. If you try to edit account details or you are registering anew you will see here for example ;

http://www.submissionfc.com/clone/jupgrade/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT?Itemid=0

Instead of saying "bill to" or whatever it's supposed to say, it will say "PHPSHOP_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL"

that doesn't get commented out and I've looked for similar articles describing how to remove that or override the text or alter it and it doesn't seem to apply. Any help please?

Jeremy

bytelord

Hello,

For me is working fine, have you corrected? May be you had old layout files or translate those ones.

Regards

remeedella

No sir, no fix for this one problem still. Can't find where it is being referenced from. I had multiple people take a look, it shows up in any browser,

Please try and visit this link or go to website and try and register, http://submissionfc.com/clone/jupgrade/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0

on the form you will see right after your e-mail address "PHPSHOP_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL " ,
how to completely remove this or change text? Might I have to go into the database?

bytelord

Hello,

Yes is saw it now, could you please take a look under shopper fields? It should be there a field that comes forms the previous installation, delete it.

Regards

remeedella

bytelord

Hi,

From the vm backend go to configuration left menu -> Shopper fields and there for that label (image).

Regards

[attachment cleanup by admin]

remeedella

You're the best!

vm_delimiter_billto    PHPSHOP_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL    delimiter    Disabled      Disabled      Disabled      Disabled      Enabled

I thought disabling this would not let something else function. I would have never guessed this. THANK YOU!

bytelord

Hello,

Glad you resolve it!
It was from the migrate, some shopper fields may be come with.
The new one on vm 2 called delimiter_billto and have as description COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL
So, you can safety delete vm_delimiter_billto  from the shopper fields.
Regards

remeedella

That is excellent.

This is hopefully the last thing I request of you, you've been great.

I had to submit a picture that someone sent me to show you this.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1079puu&s=6

When shipment is selected (ups/usps) the text is assigned to it, "USPS PRIORITY MAIL" for example but that text should be aligned up all the way to the right where the 'price' is. It looks empty and not aligned. I tried looking in firebug and css files or even in the views/ folder of .php files for an answer on aligning that.
It is a commercial shipment module, both of them bought from the same company because it was required and I don't know if their styling is affected or the problem. Any ideas?

bytelord

Hello,

Not sure, with the default vm template with no overrides it is aligned?

Regards

remeedella

I tested with core templates and no that does not fix. I need whichever shipment that is selected to have the 'type of shipment' text aligned to the right where the price is calculated. They are not in sync, If I chose UPS mail, UPS mail is on the left hand side where the logo is, instead it should align up next to the price. Doesn't seem to be the template and I doubt going and asking the company that made the module will be much help

bytelord

Hello,

You could use firebug to examine it. Probably have any css or tr/td and build a table ... not sure. can you send a shopper account for the front end to see it?

Regards