News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

problems with the all in one installer VM2.0.12

Started by kobiashi, October 05, 2012, 12:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobiashi

hi all,
        i have just installed the VM2 AIO into my web site which i am developing, i am running joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.12, everything was fine, i was looking for VM payment and found it was in the AIO, but when i installed it, its radically alltered my site, the shopping cart no longer updates i have to refresh the page, and i have a home and a product link on the top menu bar, when i go to the product link and select catergory then click on a product it displays it on the home page not the product page, so it displays the product but with everything else on the home page, i.e slideshow, featured products, etc.

any help would be much appreciated.

kobiashi

has any body else experienced this problem or am i not setting VM up properly, please someone help i cant continue my project without a direction and i'm completely stumped at this problem, 

bytelord

Hello,

Try to download the tar.gz files and try it again from your joomla extension manager to install them manually. You can download the tar.gz files here: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
or maybe you have a javascript conflict on your site, examine it with firebug: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0
Also take a look over here: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery and here: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/JavascriptCSS_Template_Overrides_and_Avoiding_Conflicts_between_Libraries

btw, what's your PHP version?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

kobiashi

hi thanks fior the reply,

ok i have tried all of the examples you gave me and nothing worked, i tried to install the tar.gz files and it kept saying could not find xml files, instead i installed i from the directory, by unzipping the file, i tried unchecking the virtuemart jquery library and caused more errors, checked it again and had no errors on page, i`m really stumped and its really frustrating, i am using php version 5.3.8.

bytelord

Hi,

Please provide a live url to check it. Also you haven't done something right trying to install vm 2012 from tar.gz files.

Regards

kobiashi

hi,
    its not live yet still using it on wamp server. please could you advise what i am doing wrong with installing it, i have folloed the instructions in the wiki, it just keeps  saying cannot install cannot fing xml file

thanks

bytelord

Hello,

You will download the following files:

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/490/com_virtuemart.2.0.12_extract_first.targz.zip
You will extract it and inside you will find to new tar.gz files, one for the core, one for the AIO extensions.
After that under your joomla extensions manager browse and install first the com_virtuemart.2.0.12.tar and after install the com_virtuemart.2.0.12_ext_aio.tar

As you have mention above you are using joomla 2.5.x, am i right?

Post your results.

Regards

kobiashi

hi,
   keep getting fatal error maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded, i have read that WAMP does not support tar files, do you know if this is true?

kobiashi

i`ve managed to resolve the fatal error and installed the tar files,

to recap the problem,      i have two links on my top menu , home page and a product page, home page is linked to virtuemart frontpage and product page is linked to virtuemart catergory page.   when i click on a catergory on the product page it takes me to locahost.../index.php/cat-1, not localhost/.../index.php/products/cat-1.

when i just install the VM2.tar.gz i dont have this problem however when i install the VM2.aio.tar.gz. i get this problem, but i need the payment system.

also i have noticed i have the VM links on the left i.e VM_catergory VM_products, VM_currency etc. when i click on the catergory under VM_catergory it does the same thing takes me back to the home page not to the product page.

so is there possibly a problem with the aio, in which case is there anywhere i can get the payment mods and plugins downloads,

or is the VM_links affecting it, in which case is there a way to set them up correctly.

kobiashi

by the way

i am using joomla 2.5.7 and virtuemart 2.0.12 and php 5.3.8

bytelord

Hello,

I am not familiar with wamp, i am using xampp. The error you receive related to php cause the execution is bigger from the one the php configuration file have (or you need to increase it). So you could edit your php.ini file and change the following value

max_execution_time = 360

you could also increase the memory size by change the value

memory_limit = 128M

Regards

kobiashi

hi,

managed to resolve the fatal error, it was the max_time_limit , still have the previous fault tho.

bytelord

Hello,

What exactly is your other issue? Is now the installation completed sucessful?

Regards

kobiashi

to recap the problem,      i have two links on my top menu , home page and a product page, home page is linked to virtuemart frontpage and product page is linked to virtuemart catergory page.   when i click on a catergory on the product page it takes me to locahost.../index.php/cat-1, not localhost/.../index.php/products/cat-1.

when i just install the VM2.tar.gz i dont have this problem however when i install the VM2.aio.tar.gz. i get this problem, but i need the payment system.

also i have noticed i have the VM links on the left i.e VM_catergory VM_products, VM_currency etc. when i click on the catergory under VM_catergory it does the same thing takes me back to the home page not to the product page.

so is there possibly a problem with the aio, in which case is there anywhere i can get the payment mods and plugins downloads,

or is the VM_links affecting it, in which case is there a way to set them up correctly.

jenkinhill

Sounds like you need to make a completely fresh install. Get com_virtuemart.2.0.12_extract_first.targz.zip from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files and unpack it locally to give the two components.

On a new install of Joomla 2.5.7 install first com_virtuemart.2.0.12.tar.gz when that is installed, before doing anything else, immediately install com_virtuemart.2.0.12_ext_aio.tar.gz    - then start to configure the store, set up menus etc.

Do not select any form of SEF until the site is tested with products, menu links work etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum