Template overriding for \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\*.php?

Started by rolandlaich, October 04, 2012, 20:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandlaich

Hi everyone,

does anybody know how to override files from the folder \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\ in an update save way?

Thanks in advance!

bytelord

Hello,

You will have to edit those files, there is no possible way to override them, you could create a new model but then again you have to edit other core files to used it.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Marttyn

I need the same, to override /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/*.php
Ive made a modification to a helper, and dont want to loose the changes every time i update VM.
Any way to override files in there?

jenkinhill

No. We don't support hacking core files because they will get overwritten. Changes to core functions should be done by using a plugin - that does not get overwritten.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Marttyn

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 20, 2013, 22:58:14 PM
No. We don't support hacking core files because they will get overwritten. Changes to core functions should be done by using a plugin - that does not get overwritten.

Thanks Kelvyn!
Can you tell me where to find information about this? Im still wanting to make this modification without getting overwritten.
Regards!

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Marttyn

Thanks Maxim! Ive checked the Dev portal, and i think i will spend to much time making a plugin, just for a  simple mod... so i will wait for next release and hope it is included  ;D