News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No invoice PDF file in Safe Path !

Started by zagrox, September 29, 2012, 13:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zagrox

Hello, I'm using the latest VM2 and always doing update, i had an error for safe path and after checking the manual is set it to this value:
/home/XXXX/vmfiles/  <---xxx is the our server account name

error has been disappeared and the vm generated a folder automatically inside the VMFILES with INVOICE name.
but after submiting an order we have two major problem. there is no INVOICE PDF inside >vmfiles>invoice and also there is no PDF attached by Confirmed order.

Would you please help and assist us to fix this issue.
ZAGROX AGENCY
Advertising & Branding
http://www.zagrox.com

John2400

zagrox,

Hi could you confirm your software you are using and that you have the configuration set correctly to say that PDF files will be sent.

Rememeber that the PDF will only be sent in most cases if you go into your order area is you confirm the oder.

maybe images of the configuration setting>> checkout
and then from the orders & Shoppers>>status setting on a particular email.

zagrox

John,
Thanks for your reply.

All the processes include: checkout, confirm status, send confirm email, email send by confirm in checkout, are fine and working probably.
I can't find any PDF config or setting inside all control panel settings except the PDF icon in product page.
I was wondering if is coming by default to have pdf inside the VM or we just need to install any extra plugin or extension? because i though that the VM will generate the PDF invoice files inside the safepath folder! right?

please help me to find the answers. Thanks

ZAGROX AGENCY
Advertising & Branding

John2400

I'm using 2.0.11d test version but in every version this is the setting - set it to pending as a test- then set to confirm.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

zagrox

After changing the status to the pending as you showed, the new page is freezing with no data or anything.
I tried a lot of changes in settings and also a fresh install but still its the same with no pdf inside the safepath or email attachment.

Just Wondering that nobody else has this issue  :-\ what is the next try john, do you have any idea?
ZAGROX AGENCY
Advertising & Branding

bytelord

Hello,

Could you please check your joomla error log? May be there are issues with tcpdf library (third party library). Also check the folder permissions.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

atb

Quote from: zagrox on September 29, 2012, 13:45:53 PM
Hello, I'm using the latest VM2 and always doing update, i had an error for safe path and after checking the manual is set it to this value:
/home/XXXX/vmfiles/  <---xxx is the our server account name

error has been disappeared and the vm generated a folder automatically inside the VMFILES with INVOICE name.
but after submiting an order we have two major problem. there is no INVOICE PDF inside >vmfiles>invoice and also there is no PDF attached by Confirmed order.
I too have been tackling the same (or similar) problem with my online Website - the local version (on Windows 2003 does not suufer this problem!).  There appears possibly to be 2 issues.  The blank pages that happened on trying to "View Invoice"  in Orders sometimes indicated a "TCPDF Error", but sometimes displayed, but not in pdf form.  I asked for advice from the host provider (Peter Smith of SupportIndeed/JoomlaHostFree/AttractSoft) who provided the following fix:
1. created in /home/www a file called docroot.php
2. placed this code inside:

<?
if(substr($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], 0, 4) == 'www.'){
$srv=substr($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], 4);
}
else
$srv=$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']='/home/www/'.$srv;
?>

3. added this line to the php.ini:

auto_prepend_file = /home/www/docroot.php

Yes, this did appear to correct the display of pdf Invoices using "View Invoice" in Orders, but I am too much of a novice to know why! However there are still no Invoices in the "Safe Path". 
Investigating further I notice that, for instance in "Products" BE the path shown at the bottom of the page is a physical path (e.g. /srv/diskn/123456/) and not the Doc Path /home/www/.  If I try to replace a Product image within a Product page then VM is unable to find the path!  I am suspecting a problem involving the use of physical and document path references - it would seem that VM is not handling the physical path references, hence could be the cause of missing Invoices in the Safe path.  Quite some time ago I did have one or two stored there, but no longer!

So, can anyone explain or provide ideas why VM picks up the physical path (JPATH_ROOT?) from the JM installation and then not manage to find image files when browsing in a setup page. Is an Alias or  RewriteBase required in .htaccess or can VM be changed to pick up the virtual path (doc_path?).  Sorry, but I am not sufficiently familiar with Apache/JM/VM configuration aspects - yet the same code works on my Windows2003/IIS6 system.

JM2.5.7/JM2.0.12 on WinSever2003/IIS6 and Linux/Apache