Main Menu

Looking for VM2 Expert to help wrap up ecommerce project

Started by brilliantimpact, September 26, 2012, 23:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brilliantimpact

Joomla 2.5, Virtuemart 2.0

Few things need to be finished on this site:

Getting the front end related products to match the order of the backend
Stock control, when the child product stock reaches zero the product is no longer visible

That should be it.  PM me with details or reply with questions.

bytelord

Hello,

For your first question haven't test it, but you could play around with the template default_relatedproducts.php, located under site\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_relatedproducts.php. I think are printout as is been saved from the backend, or you could try to order them (around line 27 is the line), maybe using PHP usort command to sort them by id ... (just a thought).

For your second question did you try from the backend, go to Configuration -> Shopfront, of the right side there is the Action when a Product is Out of Stock area. Select "Do not Display Product". Take a look on the screenshot.

Regards

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

brilliantimpact

Thanks for the reply!

Shouldn't the front end display them in the same order as the backend?  That is really what I need to happen, I've looked at the relatedproducts.php file and don't really know what I could do there to fix it.

I did try the backend configuration - but all my products disapeared because their parent products are set to 0.  Even when I changed this to 1 or 2, the child products are inheriting the parent products stock level, instead of the other way around.   So - I'm not sure how to get that shopfront section to work.

Thanks again for taking the time to write

bytelord

Hello,
I am not sure too because i haven't try to work it around, but may be someone could build a custom module or plugin at your needs.

So, the "Do not display product when is about of stock", does it work for you?
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

brilliantimpact

When I enable to not display products, no products display at all! 

Even though they have stock.   The big problem is that it is looking at the parent stock level, not the child's.

Thanks again