News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Willing To Pay to Help Resolve Cart Checkout Loop

Started by zurtkz, September 28, 2012, 21:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurtkz

I am willing to pay to help have this issue resolved...

I have searched Hi and Low for a resolution to this issue. I finally got my cart to process in safari and chrome turned out to be a module conflict. I am at a loss and by no means a newbie.
For some reason my cart is still stuck in a checkout loop between user info and payment details with ie and firefox.

I have one page checkout installed. I am running vm 2.0.10 and  joomla 2.5.6 with authorize.net payment module. Please contact asap if interested.

alatak

hello

Which shipment are you using?
It should not be looping. It is probably configuration problem.

DrZero

Did you guys figure this out?  I have joomla 2.5.7 and vm 2.0.10 with authorize.net and configuration on back end is correct as it was in previous version of Joomla and vm and it was working.  And apparently there are a TON of people having this issue with no resolution.  There is the top posting on the forum for Authorize.net stating that the fixes are now in the newer version of VM, I double checked for those fixes stated and they are in there, but I still have the problem.  So it is NOT fixed.  Please help me figure out how to diagnose the issue so I can get a fix.  I may seem a bit irritated, but more frantic, as I had to move an old site to the new (at the time ) to the above versions and I'm now having issues with the authorize.net payment method which the customer request that it be.  If you need any other information that needs to be posted let me know and I'll be happy to post whatever is needed to fix this. 

Thanks in advance!!

jjk

Perhaps you can take a backup of that site, install that backup on your local PC and update that test installation to Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.14.
I've read a report from one VM2 user who tracked a similar issue down to a conflict with his third party template.
Also, are you using a third party 'one page checkout', like the orginal poster of this topic?
I never installed authorize.net, because I'm not in the U.S., but as far as I know, you also need to make shure that every authorize.net transaction is handled via SSL.
You may also check for javascript errors during checkout. (i.e. use Browser error console, 'Firebug' plugin - if you use the Firefox browser and/or enable Joomla and Virtuemart debug in configuration)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

DrZero

No not a one page checkout.  And yes, using a 3rd part template from yootheme.  I just backed up my system and then installed VM 2.0.14 and still have the same issue.  I have turned on the debug in VM and on the auth.net payment config and it is not giving me any detailed information at all.  How can I track down if it is the Template from yootheme?  I have been posting comments on a ton of the posts related to this issue in hopes of a resolution.  I have done a lot of cosmetic customization only to find out that the payment method that use to work on the old site doesn't work with this newer version.  How bad can they screw up the payment method that was already working?  Anyways, your insight on digging deeper into this would be great if your're willing to help.  Do you think the update of 2.5.7 to 2.5.8 will fix this particular issue?

jjk

Quote from: DrZero on December 15, 2012, 22:26:21 PM
Do you think the update of 2.5.7 to 2.5.8 will fix this particular issue?
Probably not. Joomla 2.5.8 is primarily a security fix, if I remember correctly.
Change to one of the Joomla standard templates temporarily in order to find out if there is a conflict with your youtheme template.

DrZero

Ok I tried that and still I get the same error when checking out:  Error connecting to AuthorizeNet Order not completed, data is not valid.  There is another piece of the puzzle which is we bought a virtuemart Theme....but it does not touch what the authorize.net functionality is doing....just makes VM look better.  I will try and disable that and try.  I really think though that it is still within Virtuemart.  Again I will post as soon as I can undo the 3rd party VM theme from Yagendoo.

DrZero

Ok so I took out the yagendoo theme and now I can't even save the credit card information.....I put it in and  hit save and now I'm getting "Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in .../libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 336"

jjk

See here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=579&t=709422
and http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99711.msg365681#msg365681
There are more like this if you search for "libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 336" in Google (I only clicked on the two Google listings above)

jenkinhill

@jjk I saw that error on a client site not using VM, fixed it by turning off his 3rd party SEF!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum