News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category Shipping - Shipping cost based on category

Started by outsourcepro, September 27, 2012, 11:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsourcepro

Dear all,

Today, I just released a great shipping plugin for Virtuemart 2.x called Category Shipping. It allows you to set up shipping cost per category. When users check out products, it will calculate and show total shipping cost based on categories that products in the cart are belong to.

You can check it out here: http://joomdonation.com/plugins/category-shipping.html

Example (Category Name/Shipping Cost):
+ Hand Tools: $4.5
+ Power Tools: $7
+ Garden Tools: $9

On checkout processing:
+ If users purchase products which are belong to Hand Tools and Power Tools categories, then Shipping Cost is $4.5 + $7 = $11.5
+ If users purchase products which are belong to Power Tools and Garden Tools categories, then Shipping Cost is $7 + $9 = $16
+ If users purchase products which are belong to all these 3 categories, then Shipping Cost is $4.5 + $7 + $9 = $20.5

The Category Shipping method also supports some other options:
+ Select countries to apply this shipping method
+ Enter package fee
+ Select tax rule to apply for shipping cost
+ Use maximum category cost option, if you choose Yes, then only maximum category cost is applied as shipping cost.

Many my clients asked for this shipping method and I decided to create it. I hope that you will like it.

outsourcepro

Hi all,
Today, I just updated the Category Shipping extension to 1.5.1 version with 2 options are added:

1. Include Duplicated Categories (Yes/No): Choose Yes means that calculating shipping cost for a category can be duplidated. Example: If user purchases 2 different products which are belong to a category, then shipping cost for that category will be calculated twice.

2. Include Duplicated Products (Yes/No): Choose Yes means that calculating shipping cost for a product can be duplicated. Example: If user purchases a product with amount is 2, then shipping cost for the category that that product is belong to will be calculated twice.

These 2 new options will make it work more flexible.

Thank you!
Sincerely, Giang

CreativeDesigns

This looks like a fantastic plugin!
Please would you confirm that if my client wanted to offer free shipping to one of the categories, that this plugin would work.

stresskills

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

loppan

I couldn't find this plugin on the joomdonation.com site. Is it not available anymore? :(

GJC Web Design

Doesn't appear to be.. 

I have completed a J3/VM3 shipping per product extension ..

I could develop this to a shipping per category extension if there was interest..  PM me if so..
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

loppan

Hi GJC, where can I find your shipping per product extension? I'm very interested to find out more about it, as I will need this as well for certain (bulkier) products.

GJC Web Design

Still haven't found time to release yet .. :(

If you email me on webmaster at gjcwebdesign.com I can send  you the pdf handbook and show you a demo
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

loppan

Quote from: GJC Web Design on December 20, 2015, 23:22:52 PM
Still haven't found time to release yet .. :(

If you email me on webmaster at gjcwebdesign.com I can send  you the pdf handbook and show you a demo

You've got mail :).

antifragile

Hi, the plug-in Category Shipping has worked great in VM2. It still seems to work fine in VM3 as well. But for some reason I am not finding the definition of the categories anymore (it was something like 253 = 1.80, ie category = price). Am I getting senile or does this simply not work anymore under the configuration tab? Any updates for J3/VM3 available please?

Many thanks and regards,

Dan

J3.4.8/VM3.0.14

mrmysterious

Hello,

i know this is an old topic.
That plug-in is exactly what I would need. Unfortunately links are dead.
Can someone help?

I have the latest joomla and vm update.

cheers
mrm
Joomla!-Version 3.8.5
VirtueMart 3.2.12
Template As002053free (customized)
OS Linux h
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.19-67.0-log