News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart popup is not displyed in virtuemart 2.0.10

Started by priyankadureja, September 25, 2012, 08:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

priyankadureja

Hi..
   The "Add to cart" button in virtuemart 2.0.10 when clicked, gives the following error:
Line: 65
Char: 14
Code: 0
URI: /cshop/components/com_virtuemart/assets//js/vmprices.js

Can anyone please help in solving this?

Many Thanks
Priyanka

bytelord

Hello,

Please try using default VM theme and joomla with no overrides. There is a javascript conflict on your site, you could use firebug to examine what cause it. That javascript error could come from any plugin/module/theme that load several js files. Also what's the exactly path under vm configuration for loading assets?

If you have just upgrade and haven't update your template files, do it now: http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

Using firebug: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

Do you have any live url to check it?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

priyankadureja

Hi
i have installed firebug on my system..But I am not able to trace out the exact problem.

Please check this url: http://www.hostdouble.com/cshop/index.php
Select the menu -->Coffee shops --> select any one shop -->select any product --> go to the product details --> click "Add to cart" button..
After this point , it stops working...

Please help as I am not able to understand what actually is causing this problem.

Many Thanks

bytelord

Hello,

You are facing also javascript conflicts, if you check your web site with firebug you will see for example that your loading juerry several times.
You are using gantry framework that also loads jquerry (by your template).
What i am suggesting to do to resolve your issues is to load jquerry only one time, if your template requires jquerry you could disable vm jquerry and from other plugins/modules also.
Another thing is to test VM functionality without overrides using joomla beez template and vm default theme and check if there are working.
Further you could ask for support from gantry framework (i think is been developed by rocketheme?)

Regards

priyankadureja

Thanks a lot for helping out. it is now working..
I removed all the references of any other jquery than of VM from my home page file..and it started working :-)

I have one more requirement.. i think you can suggest me some solution for that as well..
I want to save the manufacturer_id while saving my order in the database. Can you please suggest me something on this please.

Thanks Again

bytelord

Hello,

is suppose that issue is been solved. For your second question please open a new thread because may be someone else can help you with that also.
btw, what i am thinking is to create a new custom field that will save the manufacturer id, then display it on the order (take a look on custom fields)
but you can retrieve manufacturer_id while working with products or category ... anyway, please make a new thread and explain better what you would like to do.

Regards

nickwiebe

how do you remove other jquerry references from the site.  I see how to turn it off and on in VM but how do I take other references off my home page...which file to I edit?