News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[ASK] Synchronize media to VirtueMart??

Started by hunter205, September 22, 2012, 07:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter205

Hi all,

In VM2.0--> Shop --> Media Files, I wonder what is the "Synchronize media to VirtueMart" button used for? And how i can upload multiple images of a product in the fastest way?

Thanks and best regards,

Ken Hunter

jjk

You can upload hundreds of images into the image folders you have set under your VM2 'Configuration' - 'Templates' tab using your FTP program (or just copy and paste them into the image folders if you are developing on your local PC) and then click "Synchronize media to VirtueMart". VM2 then scans the image folders and adds links to the new files into the xxx_virtuemart_medias database table.  Thereafter you can select them in your 'Product Edit' - 'Images' tab by typing their filename or the first letters of the filename into the filter at the top of the view and add/edit the file information like image title and alt-text. You can also edit image information from the 'Shop' - 'Media Files' view. If you add more than one images to a product, you can drag and drop their position (display order) by moving the thumnails in the Product Edit view.

Of course it helps if you give your images descriptive filenames before uploading them, unless you are able to remember the content of hundreds of "dsc19945...jpg" (which isn't good for SEO either).

You may adjust the default image paths in VM2 configuration, i.e:
images/category/
images/cars/

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

hunter205

Thanks for explaining to me.

It's so complex. i have to do many steps to select multiple images of a products. why VM don't develop a upload multiple images button in "create new product" screen...so difficult to understand this inconvience.

Any way, thanks for supporting me.

Ken Hunter