how to change currency symbol...edit store button is missing in vm control panel

Started by adamjedgar, September 18, 2012, 01:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamjedgar

hi guys,
I apologies if this is a seemingly stupid question, but for the life of me, I cannot find it...

In VM 2.0.10 ...where on earth is the "change currency" option???

From the wiki, it says it should be on the main store control panel under "edit store". My shop does not have the "edit store" button!!! How can that be???

is there some other module or extension I need to install...im bloodywell stuck with the Euro symbol against all of my products prices!!!

adam

adamjedgar

blast it would be good if the damn manual told me that the edit shop button is now called shop...whats more...the "list of accepted currencies" listbox underneath your currently selected currency, gives one the impression that a new currency can be selected directly from it!

One has to double click (well at least I think its a double... I lost count after repeatedly clicking on it in frustration) on the drop down arrow next to your selected currency...wait for an eternity clicking furiously with the left mouse button trying to get the actual editable list box to pop up...then one may change the currency.

Pain in the ass and very poorly explained in the documentation I have! This really needs fixing! >:(

jenkinhill

For beginners there is a set up guide & manual developed by a forum member & experienced documentation writer on http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-fdm-26.html

For more advanced users there is the wiki - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

adamjedgar

thanks.
my next quest is trying to figure out how to bulk import products and media into virtuemart using csvi!

at the moment im at a point of beginning to understand but very frustrated at not being able to make it work.

if im understanding correctly...then the following are true...

1. database stores product records and the url's to the appropriate images for each product (or a category if there is an image for it)

2. images are stored in another folder ("images>stories>virtuemart>product\" for full size images and "images>stories>virtuemart>product>resized\"....for the thumbnails)

when I import, I am able to get the products into the database (and display in the shopping cart), and the image url's into the database...but I cannot get the images to display on the shopping cart page with the products!!! (no images)

I thought this should be as simple as renaming the "product code" column in my downloaded csv file, as the "product_sku" field.

CSVi should find the appropriate image file in the images\stories\virtuemart\product folder(as they are an identical unique name).

I am using "file_url" and "file_url_thumb" as field names for the full and thumb images columns in my csv file.

Is that correct or should I be choosing a different field name for the .png files in the csv?

adam

p.s

is there a really simple and single document that goes through this process...(at the moment im finding 3 different documents trying to explain, in a very disjointed way, how its done...not really helping much!)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum