News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Change language of shop by user - "Flag-type" links on homepage

Started by aalves8, September 13, 2012, 16:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aalves8

Hi there.

I have worked with virtuemart 1.1, but this is my first attempt with the new version... I am running VM 2.0.2 (because of a template i bought) and joomla 2.5.6.

I never worked with a VM multilanguage project. I have installed the PT-PT language pack, and also the default EN-GB. When i change the language in "Extension" -> "Language Manager" the frontend changes language as it should. But what i really need is to provide a "flag-type" link on the header, to enable the shop user to change the language...

This will display the Portuguese and GB flags, and the user will click it, refresh the page, and magic happens.

What variable(s) should i be messing with? I'm familiar with PHP, so i just need some pointers...

Help!

Best Regards,

Alexandre Alves

ivus

aalves8

Thank you ivus.

on this step:

4- Enable plugin language switcher (in here, turn Menu association ->on) -> Where can i find Menu association to turn on???

also the drop-box is displaying in the homepage, but it does not display the languages names...

And also... When i go and create a new menu, the only language available there is GB. PT is not showing...

I have both installed in joomla and VM.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

ivus

Sorry aalves8,

I don't use multilanguage... perhaps ask on the other topic.

Good luck.

katika555

4- Enable plugin language switcher (in here, turn Menu association ->on) -> Where can i find Menu association to turn on???

go to Plug-in Manager: System - Language Filter -> Basic Options (on right panel) Menu associations,

but, how make virtuemart categorizes and products associations?