Main Menu

Help Needed - Quick way to add Attributes to multiple products

Started by wemblystiggs, August 23, 2012, 11:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wemblystiggs

Hi Everyone!

Is there a simple way to add the same attributes to multiple products

I have 80 latex garments that need to have size and colour options

There are about 7 size options and 30 colour options.

I have created Cart variants for them, but going in and adding 30 custom fields for colour and 7 custom fields for size is time consuming for one, let alone 80 odd products.

They don't need to be stockable variants by the way, I had these working quite well for another product that does :)

Virtuemart 2.0.6
Joomla 2.5

Thanks

ivus

Hi wembleystiggs,

Yes there is. You can do it directly through PHPMyAdmin. The join table that stores the customfields->product is 'virtuemart_product_customfields'.

All you'll need to do is export the records for a particular PRODUCT ID, then re-import them for all other products that need the same variants remembering to change the PRODUCT ID each time.

It's gonna take 80 queries, but that should really only take you 5 minutes tops if you set up your script properly.

Good luck ;D

wemblystiggs

I understood some of that, but not all...

I think this is something that I will either have to pay someone to do, or pay someone to show me how to do :OP

But thanks for that!

I did see the custom fields drop box plug in, which does work, but only adds the field title to the cart not the colour, have posted on that thread to see if there is a fix... Fingers  Crossed!

wemblystiggs

Just did a quick trial with CSVI and it was easy :) so going to do that from now on... Saves me trying to something to the php that may end up with a broken site, thanks for the help though :)