Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Group permissions , Assigning permissions to user groups

Started by qaisar109, August 17, 2012, 12:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qaisar109

Dear All.

I am working on VM2.
I need to assign permission to user groups to work on VM2 backend on selected modules.
I have found the attached file , which can solve my problem but of no gain, as it is for vm1.1.  and in VM2.0.8 there is no 
1. Group permissions  (plz see the attachment)
2. Assigning permissions to user groups
modules .

Please guide me that where are these modules in VM2.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

qaisar109,,

saw part of an answer here_ (bytelord's) reply  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106272.new;topicseen#new

Hi In VM1 you could limit access to Just VM in VM2 you "as a default setting" cannot really limit access to Joomla or Modules.

* there are versions of hacks throughout this forum that suggest  downloading software that redirects you just to VM after you login - but they can go back to the joomla area.  http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-administration/11109
* I have seen a hack that blocks most access to Joomla - Done by some . They set up and limited some of the menus to Joomla.

* Then You have access limits through Joomla itself that at various levels at least stops - clients and others from changing the system settings - below admin is pretty safe.
* to have access to VM2 you will have to assign people to Administrator or above. You will receive a message if they cannot access VM if you assign people to lower groups.
* So no - it is not like old VM1 - all groups are done through joomla -
* You can also use multi vendor tick box - at present that allows a little increased access for superusers ( have a few of these) -

* I have not heard of any real issues with this setting throughout - thousands of users and posts so do not be too concerned.

qaisar109

Dear
Thank you. for your reply.
But please help me to login in VM2 from frontend page, as i have installed the VirtueMart Login module and VirtueMart Module but when i publish these modules , it gaves the following errors.

I think these modules for vm1.

1. VirtueMart Login module error
Warning:  require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart_login/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart_login\mod_virtuemart_login.php on line 26

Fatal error
:  require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart_login/../components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart_login\mod_virtuemart_login.php on line 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. VirtueMart Module error

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart\mod_virtuemart.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart_parser.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\purchasebook\modules\mod_virtuemart\mod_virtuemart.php on line 25