News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Where is the Virtuemart user manager?

Started by keithstoddart, August 10, 2012, 17:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithstoddart

I am trying to key in around 200 customer details and I can't see where to do this. Anyone know?
I am also using VM Invoice and I can't see to do it there either!!!
Look forward to any replies.
Kind regards
keith

John2400

In VM do it through Joomla users -   then when you have set this up. Check user manager option on the right - just check your settings.

then go to VM users and check there for users -

[attachment cleanup by admin]

keithstoddart

Hi John
Thank you for coming back to me. Only I am confused here. Firstly, I don't understand what you mean by 'just check your settings' What settings, what do you mean?
Secondly, you say check VM users - where? I don't see this at all.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Keith

bytelord

Hello,

VM is uses joomla user component and extends it with additional information in shopper.
If you have a joomla user (e.g user1) and go to VM --> Order & Shoppers --> Shoppers you can see all joomla registered users. Also you can see the VM group and shopper group that user belongs to.
If you expand a shopper (user) you are able to see additional information regarding the user (address, state, country, etc) and the user's order list.

Hope it help.

Regards.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

keithstoddart

OK, so I take it VM uses the Joomla User Manager to take in its users, as opposed to the older version that you used to have to use the VM's own user manager?
I also see where you mean by checking VM users, that is actually when creating an order - OK.
However, I have users in my Joomla user manager and they don't show in vurtuemart nor VM invoice.
I realise I must be doing something wrong but I really would appreciate a bit of help
Thank you again.
regards
Keith

keithstoddart

Hi Bytelord
Thank you for coming in on this and helping.
I am afraid I don't see that my joomla registered users are coming into VM. I wonder do they need to belong to a shop group? I am only using the defualt one
regards
Keith

bytelord

Its ok the default shopper group ... how to do import the users to joomla? have you enable that users?
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!