News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Quote for help with strange VM error

Started by jeoff, August 09, 2012, 22:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeoff

Ok so judging by the response I get in other topics I happen to be one of the 'lucky' few that has a strange complicated issue.

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and Virtuemart 2.0.8e. Aio is also up to date.
I do not use any 3rd party modules. I do use a 3rd party template, but I tried disabling it and the problem persists.
I do use the Dutch - NL-nl Language pack
Basically it is a clean install and I did not make any weird modifications except for the normal configuration.

Here is the problem:

Whenever I set the option in: Configuration - Shop front - under: Action when a Product is Out of Stock - I set the option: "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock"

When this option is set I receive error messages when using the Search in the front end OR if I enable the option: "Show Top ten products".

The error message is always the same:

------------------
vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Column 'product_sku' in where clause is ambiguous SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM `idrqt_virtuemart_products_nl_nl` as l JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_products` AS p using (`virtuemart_product_id`) LEFT JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_product_categories` ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_categories`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_categories_nl_nl` as c ON c.`virtuemart_category_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_categories`.`virtuemart_category_id` LEFT JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_product_manufacturers` ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_manufacturers_nl_nl` as m ON m.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id` LEFT JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups` ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT OUTER JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_shoppergroups` as s ON s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` = `idrqt_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` LEFT OUTER JOIN `idrqt_virtuemart_products` children ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = children.`product_parent_id` WHERE ((`product_name` LIKE "%test%" OR `product_sku` LIKE "%test%" OR `product_s_desc` LIKE "%test%" OR `category_name` LIKE "%test%" OR `category_description` LIKE "%test%" OR `mf_name` LIKE "%test%") AND p.`published`="1" AND (p.`product_in_stock` - p.`product_ordered` >"0" OR children.`product_in_stock` - children.`product_ordered` > "0") AND ( s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`= "2" OR s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` IS NULL ) ) group by p.`virtuemart_product_id` ORDER BY p.virtuemart_product_id ASC LIMIT 0, 10
-------------

Can anyone please help me. Let me know how much it would cost to fix this issue.

I can see the correlation with the option: "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" in the bottom of the error message where it defines the query:

AND (p.`product_in_stock` - p.`product_ordered` >"0" OR children.`product_in_stock` - children.`product_ordered` > "0")

jeoff

I received help from GJC Webdesign today. even though it turned out to be a VM bug, he helped me very quickly to get this problem fixed. See his post for the solution:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106284.0