News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to make simple url

Started by BaidareW, July 14, 2012, 11:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaidareW

How to make link like this : mydomain.com/category/product

Now I have mydomain.com/menunaime/category/product or sometimes I even see mydomain.com/component/virtuemart/..

Using 2.0.8c (sure will upgrade to d soon) with esport template from gavick.

Thanks.

jjk

Pretty simple. When you set up your menu items, choose 'Category Layout' as the 'Menu item type', set 'Parent Item' to 'Menu Item Root' for each of your VM2 categories and finally select the VM2 category in the 'Required Settings' dropdown list. Also, you have to enable SEF Urls in Joomla and VM2 of course. (I don't know if this works with the GA menu, too)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

BaidareW

Thanks jjk, now when I set everything I have double links to the same products and I see that google don't like it.

I have one link : domain.com/products/name/item
another            : domain.com/name/item

Is this first link coming becaus in front page I didn't add any products links, only general category view where all categories are shown. And I have another menu where all menus are with links to products and it generates second type link.

How to solve this ?

jjk

I'm not shure what you mean with .../name/...
My own Joomla/VM2 menu setup is a little bit different because it is bilingual.
The homepage link is set to "Virtuemart Categories", which produces a homepage showing all categories. The url for this is domainname/
The link to a single category is set to "Virtuemart Category", which produces a category url for a single category like domainname/categoryname
The resulting url for a product is domainname/categoryname/productname

If you have more than one url pointing to the same product, you can tell Google which one to use in a sitemap.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations