News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

how to upload more product images

Started by ziga, August 06, 2012, 15:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziga

Okay I must say, virtumart 2.0.x SUCKS. I go to product list and use the media colum, open another page where I'm supposed to upload another image for the chosen product. I select the image, upload it, it says it was successfully saved but nothing happens. In front end it still shows just one image and in the back end the media colum shows 1 image even after upload of a second. WTF?

Can anyone help?

dorriGa

do you select the "upload" option before make the uploading image?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ziga

Yes I do select that. When I click apply it says media successfully saved, yet it never appears anywhere. Not the front end not the back end.

Thanks for a quick reply. Hopefully someone can tell me wtf is wrong here?

ziga

antoher strange thing happens now. if i go to shop - media files pictures started appearing there. but how do i get them to appear as second, third, etc picture for a single product?

i upload them via products media colum but they appear in media files not the product. how can i make them appear at the product flypage?

thanks

ivus

Hi ziga,

Goto your product edit page. Click on the tab "Product Images". There should a fieldset block called "IMAGES"... click the +16 and you should get a list of available images you want to ADD to the current product.

It's a bit buggy, but that's how you get extra product images in your products.

I hope this helps.

fatcreat

I have the same problem of adding extra images. It was so easy in the older versions of VM. Anyway, I had already tried clicking on the +16, but it only gives me 16 images and I see no way of navigating to the other image. The image I'm looking for is not one of the 16 shown. Is there some way to navigate this list of images?

Thanks in advance!

ivus

do you know the names of the images?

start typing it into the text box and the system will narrowing down the +16 list.

fatcreat

That worked perfectly. I don't know why I didn't think to try that.

I really appreciate the help Ivus.