News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Front Page & Category results redirecting to home page

Started by cviirand, July 10, 2012, 16:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cviirand

Hi all,

I have 2 VM items in my main menu: "Front page" and a blank article page on which I have various VirtueMart modules (featured, best sales and various category list modules).  When I click on the front page link, I am taken immediately to my home page.  On the VM modules page, all VM material displays but when I click on a sub-category to view its products I am once again dumped back at the home page (and with no product results).  This must be a very basic configuration setting but I can't find it (either in the program or in the support forums!).  Any help is appreciated - and sorry for the dumb question.

Regards,
Cheryl

cviirand

Hi folks,

Please help - I'm afraid I'm still stuck on this one and wonder if anyone can lend a hand!   My links to VM 'front page' automatically redirect to my home page URL (VM is but one section of my site and is not my overall home page).  I have tried all of the following:

- resetting all VM config settings to default, using VM's integrated tool
- creating a redirect (via the 'redirects' plugin) to manually point the URL listed in my frontpage menu item to my URL/shop.index
- ensuring my site is not listed as 'offline'
- checking all user group settings to make sure that they have 'read' permissions to view the site

Is there somewhere that I can set the shop URL that may have inadvertently gotten mis-set?  Might this be a problem with my template file - and if so, is there a way to replace it?  I'm very close to simply trashing and reinstalling the whole VM component but would really appreciate any further ideas before I take that 'nuclear' option!

Thanks,
Cheryl