News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipment option ordering issue

Started by millergraphics, June 30, 2012, 18:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millergraphics

I created a site for a friend (www.annasspices.com) running VM 2 and Joomla 2.5.  I am a graphic designer and not much of a programmer.

The problem I have is that my friend wants to give people who live in her area (CA) the choice to do a pick up instead of having their spices shipped.  But when I create the Pick Up option is always shows up first and with it chosen by default.  Most people fail to see that it is chosen by default and then go right through the process not realizing that their shipment option isn't correct.  Is there a way to get it to not be chosen by default?  I think it is because it is the least expensive option (FREE) so it becomes the first choice. 

Any help provided is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Neal

msimko

Go to the shipping options list. Open up the methods. The tab on the left is 'shipping method information'. There is a field at the very bottom for list order. By default it is 0.
Change the list order for each item, starting at 1. So, your local pickup method would likely be 2. If you add more methods, you'll have to jockey them around.
Don't forget to save and close. :)