News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do you change path for Manufacture links

Started by spyderwebdesign, June 17, 2012, 03:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

Under manufactures, when you click a manufacture, you are taken to a manufacture page. How can I change this link so that the use goes to the page where all of the manufacture's products show. It is the link as "View all 'manufacture' Products" that is on the manufacture information page.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

spyderwebdesign

someone has to know the answer to this.

For extra clarification... When you click a manufacture you are taken to a page similar to this
http://www.likdancewear.com/component/virtuemart/manufacturers/the-highest-heel2012-05-24-06-56-291100574325.html?Itemid=0

I would like to change this link to just show the user all of the products from that manufacture like this.
http://www.likdancewear.com/component/virtuemart/manufacturer/the-highest-heel2012-05-24-06-56-291100574325.html

dsrpmedia

it is this link

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=

in modules/mod_virtuemart_manufacturer/tmpl/default.php

lines 13  & 48 
$link = JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=' . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);

should be

$link = JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=' . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);

aadilk4

ive tried changing lines 13 and lines 48, i still have the same problem, i would like it to display the products under the manufacturers page, how do i go about changing it so that when i click the manufacturer, it shows me all the products under that manufacturers link!

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: aadilk4 on June 24, 2012, 15:25:00 PM
ive tried changing lines 13 and lines 48, i still have the same problem, i would like it to display the products under the manufacturers page, how do i go about changing it so that when i click the manufacturer, it shows me all the products under that manufacturers link!

I followed dsp instructions and it works for me. Check out my site as proof. www.likdancewear.com If you click the manufacture name, then all of the products for that manufacture show.

Did you upload your file back to your server? Does your hosting server take a few minutes for the changed file to take effect?

rhb1972

Sorry for my bad English, I write from Chile and I tell them that the solution proposed by dsrpmedia worked perfectly.

I am very grateful because I was breaking my head for some time with this.

Thanks!!