News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No price display in shopping cart and order page

Started by z-analysts, June 22, 2012, 16:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z-analysts

Hi,
I would really appreciate a solution to this problem. Please see the attached screen print. After adding a product to the shopping cart I click on show cart. You will see in the screen print that the item price is missing from the display. What setting is need to get it to display? Is this a BUG? When will it be fixed?

Thank you!

Joomla 2.5.5
VM 2.0.6
url: http://zclientdev.net/longstaffproductions

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Alan_Smith

As per my view price might not be updating in the cart so check your add to cart button coding if any mistake. Hope it will help to solve your problem.

jenkinhill

timburkart I will not enter a site with a roadblock popup demanding information. But if you are using a commercial template or template overrides then you will need to ensure they are updated to conform with the updated price displays in VM2.0.6+  The release notes are shown when you access the VM backend updater, but is here  http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416&tmpl=component
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

z-analysts

jenkinhill - i'm sorry that you are offended by the functionality of my client's site. the age verification popup is there because the site contains adult content. when you state commercial template, do you mean a joomla template or a virtuemart template? i am using a commercial joomla template from rocket theme. i do not believe it contains any vm specific coding. isn't the shopping  cart display on the order page generated by virtuemart? would you please look at the screen print i attached to my original post and tell me where i can find the code that should display the price? after all, there is a price label on the order page, shouldn't there be an item price too?

thank you,
timburkart

jenkinhill

That layout looks like RT have used a template override it will be in the Joomla template html directory. If it was developed for an earlier VM version then it needs updating according to the changed price variable names.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

z-analysts

1) I checked with RT and they stated there is no VM specific code in any of the Joomla 2.5 templates.
2) I have since changed templates and still have the problem of no price.
3) Can you PLEASE direct me to the file and code which contains the cart itemized price so I can further investigate the issue.

Thank you!

srseale

z-analysts:

Perhaps I could ask a basic question?  The column you are referring to in the Cart is Price, correct?  This is equal to Baseprice in the configuration of Shopper Groups and Pricing.  Make certain that Baseprice is included in those configuration areas.

E.g.  ([check] means check the box)

Configuration/Configuration/Pricing

Show Prices                                                                [check]

Show Price    Show Label    Rounding Digits

Baseprice                                                              [check]            [check]                 2
Baseprice modificator          
New baseprice modificated by choosen product variant          
Discounted Price without tax         
Salesprice without tax                                      [check]            [check]                 2
Tax amount                                                       [check]            [check]                 2
Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts          
Final salesprice                                                           [check]            [check]                 2   
Salesprice with discount, but without override          
Discount amount                                                            [check]            [check]                 2

If you are using Shopper Groups (and I suspect you must be), also check in the same place the

Membergroup to show prices to    [check]  Enable this Feature

In your Shopper Groups (Orders & Shoppers/Shopper Groups/shoppergroupname), make sure you have the same fields selected as above and check both:

Enable shoppergroup specific price display    [check]
     Show Prices                                                    [check]

Hope this helps...