News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product order inside category

Started by DaggaTora, June 18, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaggaTora

2.0.7F... product order in category doesn't save. It keeps always the same unless you move up or down with the blue arrows. It is a nightmare if you have lots of products to order.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

John2400

DaggaTora,

Hi - I can see a few have read your post and maybe I'm a little like them > I'm just not sure what you mean?

* the blue arrows?  is this front end or back end or a template - could you use an image to show us?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean?

DaggaTora

Jajajajaja, ok then.

I mean in the backend, when you are inside Products and you want to order them "by order". You select a category so you can assign an specific order and you have:

Prodcut Z=1
Product X=2
Product Y=3

Then you set the reordering order numbers like this:

Product Z=3
Product X=1
Product Y=2

so when you click on the "floppy disk" you expect the following order:

Product X=1
Product Y=2
Prodcut Z=3

but it keeps the original order.

If you have 3 products it doesn't matter because you can use the blue arrows to move them up and down, but if you have 1000 products in that category... you can spend hours moving up and down instead of reordering them assignig them a number and clicking in the floppy.

Hope it is clear now!!  ;D

John2400

DaggaTora,

In VM1 - I saw this with a client- the solution there was to get the SKU numbers order like 0001 , 0002 and so on- not the best solution . But by renumbering or making sure you set them up correctly they did stay in the right order. ( I know after 20 products - that solution is not the best).

* I did see an extension called bulk orders - I used it to change the prices of 200 products. - have a look for it . I'll see if I can find it.

In the SKUs   make sure you leave a gap  like 0001, 0004,    so if  a new product appears you can put it in.

I hope some one answers better than I with a better solution. 

DaggaTora

Hi John,

Thanks, but i can't use that solution because we are using barcode numbers for SKU.  :'(

Is the first time i want a floppy to work!

DaggaTora

can someone check if this works in E or later?

John2400

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100974.0

even in h as you can see in this post it does not work  as you want.

see ;  papaavola's answer

DaggaTora

Thanks John... hope it get fix soon.

DaggaTora

Jeroenvdput

bradbrad

HOW CAN THIS STILL BE A PROBLEM!!!!

Is there no way to fix this? I tried using the arrows, I tried entering in amounts. In my one category there are only 8 products, but it forcefully puts the order of the one product at 9!

PLEASE CAN WE GET A FIX FOR THIS OR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CORRECTLY USE A WORKAROUND!!!

DaggaTora

Quote from: bradbrad on September 04, 2012, 19:37:02 PM
HOW CAN THIS STILL BE A PROBLEM!!!!

Is there no way to fix this? I tried using the arrows, I tried entering in amounts. In my one category there are only 8 products, but it forcefully puts the order of the one product at 9!

PLEASE CAN WE GET A FIX FOR THIS OR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CORRECTLY USE A WORKAROUND!!!

You can always do it through DB. If you only have 8 products this will be your fastest solution.

nunomigpe

Hi there

Last version is resolved

There is a trick on this one kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Just do this:

1º go to products

2º on the field Filter, put what you want

And that´s it it appears a 4º columm with zeros and click save and then change the order and save again

Best Regards from portugal

PS: After testing, on save it dosen´t change the order, at least it appears the floppy drive to save

bdragon254

Unreal... Here we are in version 2.0.18a and VM STILL has an issue with ordering! It's ordering not ONLY by SKU but also product name. DUMB

I'm not able to name the product what I want because if I do it goes out of order. Even though the SKU is set up to make it go in alpha numerical order the product name is over-riding this.

Example of how I want it:

Product name - 20 pack     SKU - A25
Product name - 100 pack   SKU - B100

etc.

But VM decides it doesnt like it in the order I want it in and puts 100 pack at the top

Thank you VM team for your awesome contribution to the Joomla community but please, try implementing some of the most BASIC functionality first

nunomigpe

Hi there

We are in version 2.0.20

Ordering products still don´t work ????????????

Can sameone tell us if it will be avaiable

Best Regards