News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.0.6 Checkout not working

Started by labwebdesign, May 31, 2012, 05:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

labwebdesign

Hi there,
I have tried searching the forums over and over again but cannot find anyone else who has the same problem so Im hoping it is something within the setup that I have not figured out as yet.

I am running Joomla 1.7.3 & VM 2.0.6. I have set up the shop and evreything seems to be working ok except for once you get to the checkout button nothing happens. The page just refreshes and nothing happens. I have paypal setup as the only payment option and I am also using Linelabs one page checkout.

Could someone please let me know asap if I am or what I am doing wrong.

John2400

labwebdesign,

Hi a few options - we might just reinstall your software again as it would just go over the top and may solve your issue.

The other is to put your site online so we can see what the issue might be - Don't worry as people will just test and have a look and then if you get an answer just change the post. or get rid of the link.

Also just wondering if in configuration you have asked people to agree to the terms of service and they cannot see the tick box? or you have not filled in an address and thus it keeps returning to the same page? or the product does not meet the shipping or postage options ? just give them a try first and of cause write to linelabs and ask them .

webgeral

I have a couple problems on virtuemart 2.0 at joomla version, 2.5.4.

Problem #01 - same as related on this topic ...

we add product to the basket ...than when i try to register as a user ( shopper ) checking out , shows the page to create a new account ..up to there is fine ...right after thar ...when click on register to finish the order, i got page not found ...

Problem #02 - It is not selecting payment method.

John2400

mmm,

Just wondering if you have set in joomla users configuration that says - allow new users to register. ( this is in joomla settings)
You have ticked the box in VM but make sure you have set joomla to accept them. see attached.

I have no registrations - so do not copy mine - change it to can register.

* the payment option is most likely how you set up your product - if you jusy want people (public to buy a good) then do not pick an option hat says shopper group and add that to  your products. Leave it blank. 

Make one payment option free and see if it picks up that first as a test.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Quote from: parisi on June 16, 2012, 20:01:43 PM
I have a couple problems on virtuemart 2.0 at joomla version, 2.5.4.

Are you actually using VM2.0? This version did not work properly with J2.5.  VirtueMart 2.0.2 was the first J2.5 compatible version. All versions prior to VM2.0.4 also have security issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum