News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Errors with USPS Shipping Module

Started by growfish, June 14, 2012, 20:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

growfish

I purchased the USPS Shipping Module (http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/usps-detail) a few weeks ago.

All seems to work well so far when I had items to the cart. But as soon as the user logs in (or if they add items to the cart when already logged in) then the user gets the following error message:

"Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$send_dimensions in /home/wwwlovin/public_html/dev/plugins/vmshipment/alatak_usps/alatak_usps.php on line 723"

I tried to change the parameter "Send dimensions" in the USPS shipping module within VM to "yes" (if defaults to "no") but every time I select Yes and save, it just goes right back to No. It doesn't save my Yes selection!

What am I missing?!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

growfish

Looking that the code around line 723, I see (plugins/vmshipment/alatak_usps/alatak_usps.php):

$xmlPost .= "<Size>" . $method->package_size . "</Size>";

if ( $method->package_size == "LARGE" or $method->send_dimensions  ) {
            $xmlPost .= "<Width>$this->_usps_width</Width>";
            $xmlPost .= "<Length>$this->_usps_length</Length>";
            $xmlPost .= "<Height>$this->_usps_height</Height>";
        }

Then I looked into the Package Size settings and realized that if I change the "Package Size" to "Large" in the config parameters the error seems to go away!!!

But my packages are not Large. Doesn't make any since why the error would show if you have Regular size selected instead.

growfish

Anyone?! Is the developer not support their commercial module?!

growfish

Updating to latest 1.8 version of USPS shipping module solved this for me.