News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

how to cancel order

Started by cspub, June 09, 2012, 01:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cspub

when placing an order in the front end there is no button to cancel order. how or where do i put one in?

John2400

cspub,

Hi I presume that there are two possibilities in this question. One is that you have loaded your cart and you have now changed your mind? then just click on the delete boxes next to your cart will go to Zero.

The other is that you have completed your transaction and you now have an invoice and the buyer has one too.  The issue here is that you really need to set up a contact page and maybe have a cancel order as the link instead of contact.  The issue then is that he customer could type in the invoice number and the goods will not be sent.  This will let the Vendor know that you have changed your mind and he/she will stop sending the product but ??? you the customer must be fast "then contact paypal themselves" "cancel the bank transaction" - etc -  The sellor is not really responsible for any of that.

So actually putting in a cancel button might not make many vendors happy. It adds one more step that the vendor would not like to visually expose.
It is a bit like saying buy this now with an "ad" and then a minute later there is a big button to allow them to cancel.  I hope you get the idea.

i suppose I'm saying - the cancel order should hard for the customer and not for the seller /vendor - but you could add the link as I described - that will be through joomla links and menu setups.