News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to enable anonymous checkout?

Started by seeker862, June 05, 2012, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeker862

We would like to simplify the checkout process as much as possible.  We are using flat-rate shipping and PayPal is the only payment option.  When users click "Checkout" on the Cart page, I want them to go directly to PayPal and let PayPal collect their address, etc.  Currently, there is an extra step to accept the default state and country, which seem to be required for the default Shipping and Payment methods.

Here is the test site:  www.holyland-gifts.com/dev

We're using Joomla! 2.5.4 and VirtueMart 2.0.6.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the Checkout configuration.  It seems like this should be simple, but I'm not seeing it.  What am I missing?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Merry

Quote from: seeker862 on June 05, 2012, 01:41:48 AM
We would like to simplify the checkout process as much as possible.  We are using flat-rate shipping and PayPal is the only payment option.  When users click "Checkout" on the Cart page, I want them to go directly to PayPal and let PayPal collect their address, etc.  Currently, there is an extra step to accept the default state and country, which seem to be required for the default Shipping and Payment methods.

Hi Seeker,

Go to CONFIGURATION MENU - Configuration - Checkout Tab and UN-check "Only registered users can checkout." Be sure to click the top right SAVE Button.

Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

seeker862

That option is already un-checked.  However, even though users don't have to Register, I haven't found a way to let them checkout without entering at least a Country and State.