New Users in Administrator not being added to shoppers

Started by Mole, May 31, 2012, 08:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

_stu my error, I forgot that i should have sent two files, but both changes are in 2.0.11
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

woood77

Having the same issue as _stu.  I updated to 2.0.11d. Joomla users and VM users are still not in sync.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Edit* Here are some additional details of what we see happening on our end...

If I add a 'test' user to joomla, login to the FE and enter their address and other required fields in Account Maintenence they will show up in the VM user list.  If I then remove the 'test' user from Joomla's user list, it will disappear from VM's user list.  So it looks like it is syncing on some level just not on the addition of new users via Joomla's User Manager.

The workaround is fine, but exhausting when you have a large number of users that need to be updated.  Please let me know if this should be working now in 2.0.11d or can be fixed in another release.  Thanks again!

kontrasztplusz

Hi, i have the same problem.i use now virtuemart 2.0.12 with joomla 2.5.7, but the problem stay. I can use VM only 2 user (admin and a new user).

communicab

hello, I've got the same problem

I update to joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.12b and now shoppers are not added automatically.
My shop allow users to register with an admin approuval and that process always works. In my shop, I disabled the fact users can change their adress during checkout because I did it manually when a user was created.
But now, first i can't because shopper is not created but updating VM i've got now links to shipping adress but it redirects to homepage with no errors. I added a shipping adress menu link to and it's the same

if anyone has any idea
thanks

Milbo

The shoppers are created, they are just not displayed, since in vm shoppers are only displayed if the joomla user is stored one time.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

woood77

I'm not sure I understand.  What do you mean by 'shoppers are only displayed if the joomla user is stored one time?  Can the shoppers be displayed in VM by default upon creation in joomla's user manager? 

communicab

well in fact now shoppers are not added automatically when they register from joomla.
Before it worked and i updated their data but now it seems that the shopper has to connect and fill its data in order we can see it shoppers list.
How and wich file could i hack this ?
I'm using 2.08c and i tried 2.012 and it's the same

thanks

Rixters

Same problem here!

When I create 2 users (Admin is already there and set as vendor) in usermanager only the second shows up. If I delete this one, the fist suddenly pops-up. If I fill the missing fileds and save, the second also shows up. This is strange behaviour and a rather large bug! Hope someone has a fix very quick. This problem occurs in three different shops with VM 2.0.12b and Joomla 2.5.7.

Anybody any other suggestions how to solve this issue?

blauwe

Same problem here. Updated to 2.0.10 (joomla 2.5.7) on test website some days ago and managed to get new users synced again after the update broke it. Part of the solution was to delete all users through the joomla usermanager, but the admin (42). Test users will show up in virtuemart as soon as you edit part of the details through frontend virtuemart (address, etc). Problem is recurring after 2.0.12b update. Kinda is a serious problem (bug?). Will post if i find a decent solution.

ERNIK

Another situation:

I did a fresh, brand new test install of Joomla 2.5.7 and vm 2.0.12b about a week ago.  Created a 2nd Joomla user as manager/administrator/registered.  It is seen by 2.0.12b as a storeadmin BUT it does not display/show/list any orders placed.  The area where the orders are supposed to be listed is just blank.  I never filled in the 2nd user details.  So, 2nd user never "registered" in VM. 

Updated a moment ago to 2.0.12e hoping that the 2nd user, the storeadmin could see orders, but same story as above.  Now, reading the problems with new users and sync, etc. I created a 3rd user.  This 3rd user was created as a  superuser.  It sees everything in the backend but as soon as I downgraded its access to manager/administrator/registered it became a simple shopper in VM.  Is that correct?  Why didn't it become storeadmin?

Added a 4th user in Joomla with manager/administrator/registered rights.  VM sees it as a storeadmin.  It can't see any orders either.  Why can't storeadmins see any orders?  I don't understand.

Update:
After posting this message I went directly to virtuemart_vmusers in the database and edited the information for the 2nd user.  I changed the field 'perms' from -shopper- to -admin- and now 2nd user can see orders.   But this is a hack and should not be the case.

bienvenum

I too am having this MAJOR problem, just updated to the latest 2.0.12f version of VM and AIO and the problem persists.

when a user creates an account the joomla account is created disabled and non-activated, no email is sent and the user does not appear in Virtuemart.

It seems if the user is manually enabled (no email is sent still) and I manually activate the user and do a password request then the user can then login (although still does not appear in VM until they create shipping details)

The user can then shop.

This is a MAJOR issue, I cannot possibly sit here enabling, activating and doing a forgot password request for every user as they sign up, it sort of defeats the point of having an automated shopping cart doesn't it !

Help please someone,

Mike

robin.schroeter

Updated to the latest version of Virtuemart  2.0.12f and we still have the same problem as described in this thread. Only 2 shoppers of the 200+ Users we have in Joomla were added to Virtuemart. This is such a major bug in VM2 that I can't believe you haven't solved this yet.

Please let us know how we can fix this.

Thanks!

Milbo

You have a completly misunderstanding of the usermanagment in vm.

Every joomla user is automatically a virtuemart user, just without the vm specific data, except the shoppergroup and perms, which are taken from the default values. Perms are taken from the joomla values anyway. So your users dont need to be "in" vm. it is not a bug! It is meant that way. The problem is, otherwise you have a lot users, you think they are shoppers, but they are just joomla users. So joomla users should be handled in joomla and shoppers, people who bought in your store in vm.

robin.schroeter

So how can I assign shopper groups to the Joomla users without being able to 'see' them in the Shoper section?

We're working on a new version of an already existing webshop. They have a whole bunch of wholesalers who need to be assigned a shopper group in order to receive special discounts. So, yes I want all Joomla users to automatically become shoppers, since this is a pure online shop...

robin.schroeter

Oh, there are around five users we created with which we have actually placed orders. The orders have been registered, the details have been entered and they are still not shown in the Shopper section.