News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PDF Invoice Attachment no longer working

Started by lonokane, May 13, 2012, 17:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonokane

VM 2.0.7 J 2.5.4, PDF attachments to confirmed order emails are no longer working. I do have a correct safe path and both vmfiles and vmfilesinvoices in root. New bug?

archos

VM 2.0.6 J! 2.5.4

Was the pdf working ?

I just enable it, the security path is correct a folder invoices was automatically created, the customer get email but no attached pdf.
Of course I enable the option to have pdf on the config.

The folder invoices remains empty.

Is this option a real one or not yet available ?

Milbo

Did you checked the new config setting? "Default Order Status to send an invoice"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

archos

QuoteDid you checked the new config setting? "Default Order Status to send an invoice"

Thanks for your reply Milbo

But I'm not able to find this setting, where is it located ?

I was able to find the corresponding sentence to my specific language but no idea where to enable it...

here the settings in many language if someone can tell me where is it.

Statut des commandes pour l'envoi des factures
Status dell'ordine predefinito per l'invio della fattura
Order status tbv factuur verzending
Standard-Bestellstatus, bei welchem eine Rechnung versendet

Just no clue how to set it...

lonokane

Milbo,

I found it. Mine was set as "Pending". I changed it to "Confirmed". Can you explain how this setting is supposed to work? Can it just be, "Send PDF Invoice - Yes/No"?

archos

Ok turning the order to "confirmed" did the trick but I really do not understand the philosophy behind...
Would also apreciate to know how the pdf should work.
Why I need to turn the order to confirmed to enable the pdf ?

Milbo

What is the problem?

The world is big, some people need the invoice, when it is set on confirmed. Other want the invoice, when they sent the wares.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

archos

Ok let me explain you my « problem ».

Unfortunately in my country, the one with a new president:-), the banking system is close to stone age.
We have no way to send easily money for free except if we use the banking check. The one with paper that you have to fill by hand and send by post and then the seller needs to physically go to the bank to clear it.
As soon as a customer is ordering something and chose to pay by check the order is set to pending (that is normal) and at this time this customer is receiving the bill with the address where to post the check and other needed informations.

I think it would be good at this step to get the pdf invoice.

For my point of view, I do not need to send any pdf after this step.
But if I understand well in the next release we would be able to chose the order status associated to the pdf invoice.

PS : Normally when you order something and chose to pay by check you have to join a copy of your bill (generally sent by pdf) so the seller can identify your order easily at this step the order is still pending.

PS 2 : The German Delticom AG (tires) is working that way in France.

I don't know if I'm clear, but in any case it's not a problem just a wish...

Milbo

I know your problem exactly

Atm we made one setting. But the plan is that you can set it for every payment method. Then you can set it on pending for the banking systems and to confirmed for people using pure online payment systems.

cristina

Hi there,
sorry to border you, but I spent hours looking for the section where I can set the order status to send the pdf.
Could you please help me?
Thanks
Cristina
VM 4.0.22 10864 - Joomla! 4.3.2 - php 8.0.27

cristina

John2400

Hi Cristina,

In version 2.0.7 in configuration >>checkout>>the configuration is in the Default Order Status to send an Invoice.

Might set it to pending first and see if it works then move to something else.

I Think most are looking for a tick box and might miss it.

cristina

Thank you for the reply.

I'm still using 2.0.6 so I think I'll wait for .7 to be stable.
I've a lot of override and I need to test them before moving to a new release.

Cristina