News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

mass messup on update - joomla 2.5 and VM

Started by tec, May 29, 2012, 05:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tec

:'(
hey everyone, hope we are all doing well. I am not sure if i am posting in the right place or not.

I am faced with a huge mess  up and a deadline approaching...well past actually.

I had paid to have a joomla site updated from 1.5.6 to joomla 2.x along with some components.
Well the joomla got updated but none of the components were brought over.

I am working on trying to get the virtuemart back in at the moment, with no luck.
Previously it was a 1.1.7 version of VM.

Now, in the new j25 database i can see the jos_vm tables and the j25_vm tables, however, there were no files on the server for VM.

I tried uploading the back up files of 1.1.7 to the server, but still nothing. So, i then found the 1.2 version that gos with joomla 2.x
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99339.0

i downloaded the file and it installed just fine, i am assuming it found the files i uploaded on the server and the db tables and updated itself, problem is, there still is not a link in the admin under 'components' . How do i get to the VM component? I am at a loss and really dont have the time or money anymore to start from scratch.
I tried starting from scratch a few times already using jUpdate but that just kept giving me errors and headaches.

I hope i have explained this problem well enough, I know it sounds a bit confusing.

I am praying that one of you fine folk out here can tell me how to fix this problem.

I tried reinstalling 1.1.7 into joomla, but because the joomla is already at a 2.5 it would not work.

thank you so much in advance..

tired and exhausted
T