News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuebler

hello,
i found a problem by using the option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" of the VM configuration.
the shop function to search products is not working if i use the configuration option.

VM 2.6.0

inu2005

BUG: Stock always ZERO after VM update 2.6.0a.

After the update from 2.6.0 to 2.6.0a I cannot add a childitem to my cart. The popup always shows: "article not available in this quantity", allthough I'm sure it is in stock. I'm using setting "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock".
I downgraded back to 2.6.0 and now it's working fine again, so there must be a bug somewhere in version 2.6.0a regarding stockcontrol.

Matt_Ginn

The modification to stockable.php to display the 'Current Stock' for child products no longer seems to work for me after updating to 2.6.0a! Anyone else having this problem??

mhuebler

yes i can confirm. but its not a problem of stockable plugin. i can track down the problem to the template file "default_addtocart.php'

please try the orginal vm template file 'default_addtocart.php' after update. this file works correctly.

Cornel

The option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" is selected.
I have a main product with three sub-products with SIZE as variant. I need the stock control on the variants.
The main product has NO STOCK and two out of the three sub-products has stock.
With virtuemart 2.0.26d a pull down with two products is shown and I can add a product to the cart.
Witj virtuemart 2.6.6 also a pull down with teo products is but I cannot add a product to the cart and the popup tells me 0

When I select SHOW STOCK at the store front-and config screen.... stock of ZERO is shown on the product page even if i select one of the variant sizes.
I my opinion stock of the variant should be shown on the product page and whem selecting another variant size stock display should change too.

Now I work around it to add stock to the main product (which is stupid!!).....each of the variants disappear when no stock of that variant. so the whole product is not displayed if no stock of any variant.    What do I have to change to make is work ?

The stock variant is not working as it should, because the main product does not need to have atock......  will this change at the next JL3 compatible virtuemart version

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

scottshort

Hello All -

Now Running Joomla 2.5.24 and trying to upgrade from VM 2.0.22a upon advice from jenkinhill [security concerns].  We are supposed to go live with upgrade in a few days. We are running stockable variants plugin with structure of [Father - child- grandchild] or [grandparent - father - child] whatever you prefer.  In our case, Grandparent is the model, the Fathers are the colors, and the children are the sizes. 

SUMMARY:
I have upgraded from 2.0.22a to 2.6.0 with stockable variants plugin - now weights from Father are not passing to children in shopping cart so shipping cost calculations by weight are no longer working.  They were passing from Father to Child successfully in 2.0.22a.  I am now forced to manually enter weights into each child in order for my shipping calcs to work.  I need help to know if anyone has solved this specific bug in version 2.6.0 or higher?  Please post any solutions, thanks!   I have to admit that this forum post has tons of information, but for a non developer it has been hard for me to keep track of which bug is being discussed and which patch files are to solve which bug.   My developer also had to add some custom code fixes as a number of elements in our template such as the add to cart buttons were not displaying properly after this upgrade.

We have already tried upgrading to 2.6.6 but the cart broke with the "can't add to cart" bug discussed here in forum...  We tried replacing the stockable.php file suggested but this did not work so we were forced to downgrade to 2.6.0 to get the cart to work.  If anyone can more clearly suggest a solution to getting 2.6.6 working so that the "add to cart" bug is resolved - please repost so I can try to upgrade again...

THANK YOU ANYONE WHO HAS TIME TO RESPOND. 

Regards
Scott

DETAILS:

RESOLVED WITH 2.6.0

• Overstock/Overorder Bug- now shopper can no longer add more than current inventory quantity into one or more carts at any given time.
  • List Order Bug - now I can reorder sizes and can see them correctly on the front end.

UNRESOLVED WITH 2.6.0

• Weights and Dimensions do not pass from Grandfather to Child - this is the way it SHOULD work!!
  • Related Categories do not pass from Grandfather to Child - Must enter into Father in order to pass to Child

NEW INTRODUCED WITH 2.6.0

• Custom Fields NO LONGER pass from Grandfather to Father to Child anymore, I must NOW enter them into each Father to see them on Children!
  • NOW Weights and Dimensions NO LONGER pass from Father to Child, Now I must add them to each individual Child for shipping calcs to work!

NOT INTRODUCED WITH 2.6.0

• Add to Cart Bug - [inventory 0 when in fact there is inventory
Best Regards,
Scott

Live site Joomla 2.5.24; PHP 5.3.28; VM 2.0.24a
Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

OpenGlobal

The stockable plugin was never designed to work with "grandchildren" products. Why aren't your colours and sizes just managed with children?

OpenGlobal E-commerce

scottshort

Hello and thanks for your reply!   

Can anyone please offer any confirmed fixes to the 2.6.6 "cant add to cart" bug so we can try it again?

Quote« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2014, 14:39:49 pm »

yes i can confirm. but its not a problem of stockable plugin. i can track down the problem to the template file "default_addtocart.php'

please try the orginal vm template file 'default_addtocart.php' after update. this file works correctly.

Can anyone confirm if this fix works?  From what version of VM do I need to get the default_addtocart.php file??

QuoteThe stockable plugin was never designed to work with "grandchildren" products. Why aren't your colours and sizes just managed with children?

I thought that the stockable plugin does not work well with more than one attribute.  I have shoe model with over 20 colors with 6 sizes each..we need inventory for each size.   we have found with our template that adding all colors and sizes for one product was too difficult to manage plus listing all colors only as words in a drop down not visual enough for our clients and a bit overwhelming - and all the custom work to add the photos to this template in this configuration did not make sense.  We now have a very clean setup where the Grandfather product acts more like a category [unpublished] with each father product a color and each child the size.  I do not think that my use of this plugin in this manner is part of the problem.  [Also to help others troubleshoot, I do NOT have selected the option: "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock"... which I think has caused others some problems - see screen shot].

Not sure exactly how it was designed to work, but it and VM is working almost perfectly now [with no hacks] on my live site running Joomla 2.5.16 and VM 2.0.24a.  The only things not working are that a few custom fields like "related categories" and shipping dimensions and weights will not pass from Grandfather to grandchild......[plus the over-order /overstock bug] [plus the child list ordering bug] :o

My solution to these fields not passing has been to enter these values into each Father to pass to the child which I can live with - but I would be happy to live with only these shortcomings if I could get 2.6.6 [or 2.6.0 for that matter] to work!! 

We have just discovered on our test site running 2.6.0 that the shopping cart is broken:

• Shopping Cart does not empty upon checkout
  • Orders do not get placed [no confirm email to admin] even though confirmation message on site
  • Will not pass to payment processor or paypal

I take seriously security concerns others have raised and want to upgrade my site as soon as possible...  Given the now confirmed wreckage of our 2.6.0 installation, I repeat:  Can anyone please offer any confirmed fixes to the 2.6.6 "cant add to cart" bug [when using stockable variants plugin] so we can try it again?

Thanks all for any help!

Scott

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

OpenGlobal

Can you provide a link. I don't really understand how you've set this up.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

scottshort

Thanks OpenGlobal - I just messaged you with some links.  Let me know if you need more.
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

tmmnh

I try to add items into my shopping cart
for example this product has 3 sizes : 0-3M, 3-6M, 6-9M
so previously when i add item into cart
it shows under the Name Column : the parents product name with the (size) below it

but now whatever sizes i try to add in.
the parents product name becomes one of the child product name
and the SKU no matter wat sizes i add, all becomes the child's product's SKU

seriouesly dunno what's wrong with this

My Custom Field for the product has already chosen the correct sizes to the SKU

I m using Virtuemart 2.6.8

i was having the same problem before i upgraded from 2.6.7

Note : just checked back on my sample order.. i have no such problem when i was using 2.6.6 .. reason why i update my version is due to the double orders problem...
i solved the problem by upgrading but now i have the plugin child product problem...

Update : i m not sure if this is the problem.. somehow i saw this from my mainpage after i turn on debug

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Domains\luvellen\luvelle.net\wwwroot\plugins\vmcustom\stockable\stockable.php on line 228 Notice: Undefined variable: child_id in C:\Domains\luvellen\luvelle.net\wwwroot\plugins\vmcustom\stockable\stockable.php on line 305

and i actually installed my 2.6.6 back and the problem is still there... now i really dunno what is wrong.. pls help if anyone could..

Realised its not a virtuemart problem... its the template problem

delimpasis

Joomla 2.5.24
Virtuemart 2.6.6/2.6.10

I have set up parent product with stockable variants (Size/Color)
When I have 'Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock' and in the FE select a size for which a color is out of stock, the color is not hidden, but it displays the 2nd letter of its value. If I add it to cart I get the popup with continue shopping link and a '0' together with the product name.

webmake

Quote from: delimpasis on September 24, 2014, 09:04:24 AM
Joomla 2.5.24
Virtuemart 2.6.6/2.6.10

I have set up parent product with stockable variants (Size/Color)
When I have 'Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock' and in the FE select a size for which a color is out of stock, the color is not hidden, but it displays the 2nd letter of its value. If I add it to cart I get the popup with continue shopping link and a '0' together with the product name.

I also picked up this problem when updating to 2.6.10 yesterday. Any body else?

vitea7

Hi I have a problem with add to cart for child products:
For example I have child product in stock set 3 items
and already was ordered 2 products so I guess it should allow to buy only 1 product but in front end when try to add product it allows to add up to 3 products also I can add again 3 products and again and again so there is no limit to add

I have updated "public function plgVmOnAddToCart(&$product){" function in stockable.php as I read in this thread but still no success.

take a look at my settings:

https://www.prodrive.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=10&virtuemart_category_id=1 link with the example

child product is Z. Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.

virtuemart version is 2.0.24

please help me to configure it out, because it's a really big site and important one for me and really have to get it work properly.
thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]