News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudti

Quote from: temerario on October 22, 2012, 16:41:36 PM
If i view, after i do search, one product child i see correct price but if i go to the product and change the drop list for change variant the product and the price don't change.

Hi VM Community forum.

Quoting those words from our friend Temerario for more detailed explain, I am experiencing the same problem:

When a user select an option from the size drop down list, he got a product price modification correctly. But sometimes, when the user enter to the detail product page, it display the price from the last option of size list.

Try to enter this to this URL and refresh it with F5, at least 5 times.

http://uniforme-cp58.webjoomla.es/preproduccion/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=6&virtuemart_category_id=3&Itemid=577

I configured this plug in as the follow attached image display to us.

Thanks in advance

[attachment cleanup by admin]

abzamon

Hello
is there a solution or a hack for the duplicated products in cart ?

Thx
Sylvain

abzamon

hello again,

I precise my problem :

If I hit "add to cart" several times on the same child product detail page, It adds several lines to my cart instead of increasing the quantity of the the product

I need help on this one, or at least some insults with a simple google search to answer my issue ;)

Thx all

Sylvain

Wapsel

Hi there,

I also have problems with the price calculation.
If I make a choice of the stockable variant, at first the price displays correct. If I then navigate to the next or previous product, it sometimes shows the most expensive price in combination with the cheapest option.
I've already tried to do something with the cache, but without success.

Hope someone has an solution!
Kind regards

vanekmichal

Hi,

I still have a problem with sorting a list in firefox.

In Firefox menu is not sorted correctly. (img)

http://www.tisknemekvalitne.cz/tiskneme2/index.php/letaky

thanos268

hi to all.
I have a problem with the stockable plugin in vm 2.0.18a edition.
Not updated the product stock after adding a product to cart. Then when i press continue shopping  (without confirm) i can buy again and again the same product even if it is out of stock (virtual stock not work). With the simple generic child variant plugin seems to work (update stock level without confirm) but do not have the function of multiple fields.  Is there a solution?
Thanks
thanasis 1973

sukhrob

Quote from: Wapsel on December 19, 2012, 15:39:39 PM
Hi there,

If I make a choice of the stockable variant, at first the price displays correct. If I then navigate to the next or previous product, it sometimes shows the most expensive price in combination with the cheapest option.

Kind regards

Yep, i had and still have the same problem. But OpenGL can not seem to recreate it on his end, hence can't provide the solution yet...

As you can see in attachment, in the category View, it shows the correct price of the parent.
Then you click on the product, and inside in the product detail page, it shows all the specifications of the first child variant, which is the smallest size which matches with the price of the parent. However, the price shows of the most expensive size.
So if i play with selections, and pick different size, and then go back to the smallest size, it updates the price correctly.

The problem with this is that it can confuse and scare off the clients. This really needs to be fixed.

This bug happens randomly, I can not point on specific product and say that it constantly throws that bug. But it still happens too often. If not with one product, then with the other.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: abzamon on November 05, 2012, 11:42:08 AM
hello again,

I precise my problem :

If I hit "add to cart" several times on the same child product detail page, It adds several lines to my cart instead of increasing the quantity of the the product

I need help on this one, or at least some insults with a simple google search to answer my issue ;)

Thx all

Sylvain

Hi, this is a known issue but is impossible to fix. As this works as a "custom plugin", VirtueMart doesn't know if it is appropriate to group the products into a single line. The plugin could be doing different things each time a product is added so that grouping the products is not possible. This is just a quirk of the plugins feature so cannot be fixed.

OpenGlobal

chri.mus

Hello to all,
I am writing to describe a problem with stockable variant plugin.
My environment is virtuemart joomla 2.0.10 and 2.5.4. However, I also tried with the latest version of virtuemart 2.0.18a and the problem persists.
Now,
suppose in my store I have a product with quantity 2.
suppose also that a purchase is made by a customer for this product with quantity 1.
In the ordered products (backend) is correctly set the quantity to 1.
At the next purchase of the same product, if you enter quantity 2, it returns a message indicating that the maximum number of products that is possible to buy is 1.
That's all correct.

This same example, on a child product, causes the following problem:
making a second purchase and  inserting 2, please note 2 as quantity, virtuemart allows the purchase but in the stock is present only 1 of same product.
I noticed that the problem is on the calculation of the difference between products in stock and ordered products. Seems that this operation is made as follows:
stock chields product - parent product ordered instead of
stock chields product - child product ordered

In practice, the system calculates the stocks of products without count of child products ordered.
Is there a way to fix this?
I hope someone can help me to solv this problem otherwise it is useless to the implementation of virtuemart products child products.

Thank you all.

bjc

Quote from: sukhrob on February 17, 2013, 13:30:30 PM
Quote from: Wapsel on December 19, 2012, 15:39:39 PM
Hi there,

Kind regards

Yep, i had and still have the same problem. But OpenGL can not seem to recreate it on his end, hence can't provide the solution yet...

As you can see in attachment, in the category View, it shows the correct price of the parent.
Then you click on the product, and inside in the product detail page, it shows all the specifications of the first child variant, which is the smallest size which matches with the price of the parent. However, the price shows of the most expensive size.
So if i play with selections, and pick different size, and then go back to the smallest size, it updates the price correctly.

The problem with this is that it can confuse and scare off the clients. This really needs to be fixed.

This bug happens randomly, I can not point on specific product and say that it constantly throws that bug. But it still happens too often. If not with one product, then with the other.

Having the same problem. I'm using J 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.20b, but it has happened in at least the past couple versions of VM. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Changing the selections fixes the price display for me too. It's kind of important that the price displays correctly though. Has anyone made any headway?

Brad

OpenGlobal

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while with heavy work commitments but I've been able to reproduce this problem intermittently and I'm hoping to be able to work on a fix in the next few weeks.

OpenGlobal

sukhrob

Quote from: OpenGlobal on March 18, 2013, 13:40:12 PM
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while with heavy work commitments but I've been able to reproduce this problem intermittently and I'm hoping to be able to work on a fix in the next few weeks.

OpenGlobal

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this.
Can't wait to get rid of this problem.. :)

bjc

OpenGlobal

Fantastic OpenGlobal, thank you very much. If I can do anything at all to help you replicate the problem please let me know. I know these intermittent things are incredibly frustrating.

Brad

bjc

OpenGlobal

Hoping to get an update on how this is going. Thank you so much for working on this.

Brad

ouno.ujes

OpenGlobal

I have the same problem. I noticed that if I refresh the page (F5 key), the price of the selected (first) variant appears. But you can't expect the user to do think of that. So I'm looking forward to the fix, too.  :)

Ouno