News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthVaderNow

Hi,

i was able to get stockable variants working. I even added current stock to front page. But they are working only in Chrome and Firefox (Ubuntu+XP), but not in IE8. There I get some sort of JS error I am not aware of. When switching top variant (s,m,l,xl) working OK, but not when switching bottom variant (kratki dolgi). Every variant has its own price and stock:

My page is
http://www.aeioushop.com/mmmJoomla/si/trgovina/test/test_parent-detail

edit: i realized that if i change top selection, bottom selection is not changed but values (stock and price variation) are taken from second choice (even if first choice in bottom window is chosen). This is extremely strange - assuming in other browsers working normally.

Please HELP - i do not know how to continue with this.

OpenGlobal

What version are you using? That looks like old stockable.php code. And it looks like it's not an official stable release of VirtueMart because there's a hidden input in the form that is completely wrong:

<input type="hidden" name="customPrice[Array][20]" value="195">

I'd suggest upgrading to at least 2.0.10.

OpenGlobal

DarthVaderNow

Hi,

sorry: my versions are Joomla 2.5.6 and Virtuemart 2.0.4.

Virtuemart is official and stable as it is version 2.0.4. downloaded from official website (as is Stockable variant plugin). Problem of upgrading is there is a lot of custom code implemented in a lot of different files. Upgrading would bring hours of work just to update my customs. This would be very last option (but still without guarantee for working). I do not know about hidden fields, but somehow everything is working very well in all browsers excluding Internet Explorer.

There must be simple error in JS in stockable.php I cannot see. Is there any other debugger for IE besides one included in IE?

Please advise

edit: I upgraded Virtuemart & AIO to 2.0.12 (latest):: IE seems to work ok in test product, but a lot of other problems appeared (showing all child in category, cart component not working anymore,...) -> reversing to 2.0.4
I realized I am using "VM - Custom, stockable variants" plugin as delivered in 2.0.4 (the same is in 2.0.8e in my other page), but in 2.0.12 there is new "Stockable variants" beside old one - there are some differences??

sucuisine

Hi I am using VM 2.0 10 and implemented custom fields with stock control and defined parent and children products

Everything working fine but only the not the right price is being displayed on the detail product page. Some times the price of the last variant is being displayed togther with the default first variant (1st product)

Please who can help?

OpenGlobal

Quote from: DarthVaderNow on October 09, 2012, 00:27:02 AM
Virtuemart is official and stable as it is version 2.0.4.

2.0.4 was an awful release. It was the this version that made me join the Virtuemart team...to fix it :-)

There must be simple error in JS in stockable.php I cannot see. Is there any other debugger for IE besides one included in IE?

There is Firebug Lite but it's a pain to get it working with script.

I realized I am using "VM - Custom, stockable variants" plugin as delivered in 2.0.4 (the same is in 2.0.8e in my other page), but in 2.0.12 there is new "Stockable variants" beside old one - there are some differences??

These are the same, just a name change.

OpenGlobal

ntunay

hi i have parent products they work perfect. but i have also child products with diffrent sizes and color. child product has just 1 stock. if i click add to cart button i keeps adding to cart. i mean if i click twice it adds two product but there are no two products.

i choose notify me option.

i have one product but if i click add to cart button ten times . i can buy ten product. in the cart there are ten same products but they show seperate. i mean

1 white dress 
1 white dress 
1 white dress 
total:.....

not
3 white dresses
total:,,,,,

i think it is a bug

i tried on diffrent sites. they didnt work too

help please

OpenGlobal

ntunay

is there any solution. this is a big problem for me?
can next updates fix this bug

Florentp

Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

d_a_w_g_y

Hi OpenGlobal,

I think i'm in the right place now ;)

Using latest VM 2.0.12

I have an odd error that I am trying to track down, not sure if its a bug or configuration. I am using productdetails overrides:

TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails

default.php
default_addtocart.php
default_showprices.php

here is the overview:

1. I added a Custom field of type plugin in virtuemart, VM custom stockable variants, here I added various flavours, e.g. lemon, orange, raspberry etc as a dropdown list.
2. Next I found I had to create some child products, even though I already had these from migration of vm 1.19, anyway not too worried about this, too much DB hacking will probably take more time than actually adding new child products. I like the way I can add different flavours and only use the ones I want to to be mapped to the specific products that I need to have flavours for, or at least it seems this way currently.
3. Next I started testing the functionality, everything seems to works fine, if my products have a quantity greater than 0. I can also add the new child product to the cart.
4.  Until, consider the following example:

4a. Raspberry has 0 stock, lemon and orange have greater than 0 stock
  4b. I select Raspberry and the Notifyme link appears, which is correct and how I want it to work
  4c. Next I select Lemon, but this time instead of having a value of '1' I have a value of 'undefined', if i refresh my web browser, the value is reset to '1' again (and so is the flavour ::EDIT:: no this is not true sorry, refresh keeps the flavour name but puts a 1 in the quantity box), in this state of 'undefined' I am unable to add the product to the cart.

Therefore it is the change back from Notifyme to a product that has stock where the problem occurs.

I tracked it down in Firebug to:

<div class="addtocart-bar"><span class="quantity-box"><input class="quantity-input js-recalculate" type="text" value="undefined" name="quantity[]"></span><span class="quantity-controls js-recalculate">

My default_addtocart.php override for displaying the quantity box looks like:

<?php // Display the quantity box

$stockhandle VmConfig::get('stockhandle''none');

if ((
$stockhandle == 'disableit' or $stockhandle == 'disableadd') and ($this->product->product_in_stock $this->product->product_ordered) < 1) {

?>

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&layout=notify&virtuemart_product_id='.$this->product->virtuemart_product_id); ?>" class="notify"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NOTIFY'?></a>

<?php } else {  ?>
<!-- <label for="quantity<?php echo $this->product->virtuemart_product_id?>" class="quantity_box"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_QUANTITY'); ?>: </label> -->

<span class="quantity-box">

<input type="text" class="quantity-input js-recalculate" name="quantity[]" value="<?php if ( isset($this->product->min_order_level) && (int) $this->product->min_order_level 0) {
    echo 
$this->product->min_order_level
} else {
    echo 
'1';
?>
" />

</span>
    <span class="quantity-controls js-recalculate"> 
<input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-plus" />
<input type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-minus" />
    </span>

<?php // Display the quantity box END ?>

All my products and child products have a minimal purchase quantity of 1 and I have tried changing this override but with not much success so far, e.g. removed, changed, adapted the following:

<input type="text" class="quantity-input js-recalculate" name="quantity[]" value="<?php if (isset($this->product->min_order_level) && (int) $this->product->min_order_level 0) {    echo $this->product->min_order_level; } else {    echo '1';} ?>" />

Maybe I am completely overlooking something,

Any help on this would be most appreciated

Cheers

d_a_w_g_y

[attachment cleanup by admin]

d_a_w_g_y

In regards to the undefined issue as last posted and In case this gets confusing I have managed to resolve this problem:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108768.0

I think half the battle with this sort of thing is knowing where to look! ;) hehe

cheers

d_a_w_g_y

tmcl

Hi OpenGlobal,

i've been using virtuemart 2.0.10 with no problems. Started to use vmcustom Stockable to give my products colour and size parameters.
followed various tutorials to configure one product to use this plugin.

the problem is that, when i click to buy a product with this plugin, i get a 402 error code (payment required) and cant buy the product.
the price is being updated but cant buy.

i then update virtuemart to lastest release (2.0.12e) with no luck to this problem.
i only get this error when i have "Parent Variant" checked in parent product custom fields.

thanks

temerario

Sorry for my poor english.

I create one products and more product childs with  stockable variants plugin.
This product are different for dimensions.
If i view, after i do search, one product child i see correct price but if i go to the product and change the drop list for change variant the product and the price don't change.

Someone help me? :(