News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanekmichal

Hi,

I tested a new version of VirtueMart 2.0.8.

The Firefox browser is damaged and incomplete lists.
In Chrome the same data are correct.
I attach images with this problem.

Tested on Window 7, 13.0.1 Firefox, Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m

thanks Michal

[attachment cleanup by admin]

KarlRanseier

Maybe i am totally wrong but isn't this availability image representing the shipping time?
I mean if my variant is in stock then the availability is 2-3 days, but if it is out of stock it is 3-4 weeks.
Can i do it like this?

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 16, 2012, 00:17:39 AM
Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 15, 2012, 22:08:04 PM
The global one in Configuration/Shopfront
The one in the main product
The one in the variants

The variants have all the same availability (2-3 days), so i can define it just in the main product. am i right?

You can, but it will never be seen.
Ok then it makes no sense to define it in the main product. I thought so because originally all informations from main product were inherited by the variants.

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 16, 2012, 00:17:39 AM
Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 15, 2012, 22:08:04 PM
And if one variant is sold out it should show the image (3-4 weeks) i defined in the global config in Configuration/Shopfront?

Yes, unless there is an override for that specific variant.

OpenGlobal
when i define an image in the variant, is this then an override of the global config  out-of-stock-image?

hm i still don't understand the behavior of this availability images.
Joomla 2.5.4 - VM 2.0.8c - custom template

emel

have been building for 2 days straight, site is back on track, all looks good, EXCEPT the stockable variants :( :(
(since i had huge problems with displaying fields at within the cart, all that was left is to start all over again.)

joomla 2.5.6 dutch
template: esport gavick
virtue: 2.08c

I have my list with variables to add within the stockable lis, as soon as i click save, the lists are empty(!).

i really need help here....

OpenGlobal

Quote from: vanekmichal on July 16, 2012, 14:28:22 PM
The Firefox browser is damaged and incomplete lists.
In Chrome the same data are correct.

Can you send me a link to this page.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 16, 2012, 15:14:55 PM
Maybe i am totally wrong but isn't this availability image representing the shipping time?
I mean if my variant is in stock then the availability is 2-3 days, but if it is out of stock it is 3-4 weeks.
Can i do it like this?

The availability is an "out of stock" option.

Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 16, 2012, 15:14:55 PM
when i define an image in the variant, is this then an override of the global config  out-of-stock-image?

That's correct.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

VM : 2.0.8e / AIO : 2.0.8e

I get a script error, breaking all my jquery scripts.
FireBug says :
Quotechild_attrib["selectoptions" + i] is undefined
on this line :
if (child_attrib["selectoptions"+i][0] != selections[i]) {

And php say me :
QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/indienbo/www/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 227

Notice: Undefined variable: child_id in /home/indienbo/www/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 296

that appear only on page who return products with more than 1 child. If there is more than one child, i get this error.
Here is the line "var part" for variants of that same page :

var customfield_id = {};
var stockable =$.parseJSON('{"681":{"selectoptions1":["S","S"],"in_stock":0},"682":{"selectoptions1":["M","M"],"in_stock":0},"683":{"selectoptions1":["L","L"],"in_stock":0}}') ;
var stockhandle = "none";
var selecteds = [];//all selected options
var selections = [];
var found_id=0;//found child id
var original=[];

And same part on a page where everything works fine :

var customfield_id = {};
var stockable =$.parseJSON('{"15119":{"selectoptions1":["L","L"],"in_stock":1},"15120":{"selectoptions1":["M","M"],"in_stock":0},"15121":{"selectoptions1":["S","S"],"in_stock":0}}') ;
var stockhandle = "none";
var selecteds = [];//all selected options
var selections = [];
var found_id=0;//found child id
var original=[];

What's that doctor :) ?
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

OpenGlobal

Can you post (or message me) a link to the page with the error.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

Hey,
Finally, i just can't understand why sometimes it works, and sometimes not...

Well, check this out :

This link don't work : http://vps10885.ovh.net/~indienbo/fr/cf_no_vmcat/og-abel.html
But this one is ok : http://vps10885.ovh.net/~indienbo/fr/cf_no_vmcat/aborted.html

To get login (http protect) :
login : dev
password : wearedev

Thank you so mutch Dr. OpenGlobal :)

OpenGlobal

I am seeing many problems with the products on both links when they call the AJAX:

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined offset: 0 in <b>/home/indienbo/www/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php</b> on line <b>254</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Trying to get property of non-object in <b>/home/indienbo/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php</b> on line <b>1553</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/indienbo/www/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php</b> on line <b>288</b><br />
[]

I think you have some big problems with your installation here. Have you modified the VM code at all?

But I'm not seeing the JS error that you mentioned.

However, your custom template is invalid so the stockable variant will not work. Just like almost every custom VM template that I've seen, it does not contain the required HTML classes. Class "productdetails-view" is missing.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

QuoteHowever, your custom template is invalid so the stockable variant will not work. Just like almost every custom VM template that I've seen, it does not contain the required HTML classes. Class "productdetails-view" is missing.
This problem is now solved. The company who sold me the template told me how to fix that.

About the error, i thaught it was just some not important errors.
I must compare my productsdetails.php and product.php  to the last release.
I don't made any core modification, but i'm using my own product integrator.
(I created a tool to import product to Virtuemart easilly, with stockable variants)
I found a product displaying same error on his detail page. So this item is a problem. I'll check the database to see if there is any error in the products table.

Thanks for your help and your time, OpenGloab.
It's really appreciated.

Florentp

About that :

<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined offset: 0 in <b>/home/indienbo/www/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php</b> on line <b>254</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Trying to get property of non-object in <b>/home/indienbo/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php</b> on line <b>1553</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/indienbo/www/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php</b> on line <b>288</b><br />

Problem is solved. My fault. There were, for some parents item, a duplicate entry in j17_virtuemart_product_customfields with parameter :
{"child":{}}
Definitly a bug of my own product creation tool.

So anyway, the real problem is still there.
Jquery is broken on some page, and Firebug say me :

Quotechild_attrib["selectoptions" + i] is undefined :
if (child_attrib["selectoptions"+i][0] != selections) {
(on : http://vps10885.ovh.net/~indienbo/index.php?virtuemart_manufacturer_id

atrus

Hi to all, in VM 2.0.8e noticed the following bug:

The message "Price: No additional charge" for Stockable variants always appears even if there is additional charge set for all children products. It just doesn't go away!

Would appreciate any comments,

Rgrds,
Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

OpenGlobal

Quote from: FederA on July 27, 2012, 18:34:33 PM

Jquery is broken on some page, and Firebug say me :

(on : http://vps10885.ovh.net/~indienbo/index.php?virtuemart_manufacturer_id
On first inspection, this looks like one of the developers has been messing around with the way the plugins work in VM again. I've been unable to do much development since the first 2.0.8 release so I haven't been checking if they're breaking things again :-)

I'll see if I can replicate this problem on a vanilla installation and if I'm right, I'll try to come up with a fix.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: atrus on July 28, 2012, 22:23:56 PM
The message "Price: No additional charge" for Stockable variants always appears even if there is additional charge set for all children products. It just doesn't go away!

This one is on my bug list. I've seen it on various customfields and on several different versions of VM2.0.

OpenGlobal

rolandlaich

Hi OpenGlobal & FederA,

I've just made a plain fresh installation using joomla 2.5.6 and vm 2.0.8e.
Then created a size and color custom field as stockable variant plugin, created a parent test product, applied the custom field to it. Then I created several child products and assigned the variants to them. I gave parent and childs a stock level, applied min and max order amout.
The result is exactly the same JS error as FederA described before. As a result of the error the second variant dropdown displays nothing at all, no matter what item is selected at the first variant dropdown.
When I nevertheless add the product to the cart it is added but in an unsensful combination of variants.

Funny - with vm  2.0.7d this worked fine...
Also funny: The automatic childproduct name alias setting worked 50% correct in  2.0.7d: After renaming a childproduct in the parent's list view the initially assigned alias was changed when saving. This useful function is totally broken in 2.0.8e.

A fix willl really appreciated for this installation is going to be a production site quite soon.
Thanks in advance!