News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

That has been fixed. Have you added the new product.php from this thread too?

OpenGlobal

twitty1437

Hi OpenGlobal,
I have tried the product.php in reply #62, #64 and #67, the product availability is not showing when all these 3 files are used separately.
product availability (not number of available stock) means the 3d.gif, 3-5d.gif etc, because each child will have a different availability.

OpenGlobal

Oh I see. Product availability has always been broken (for everything, not just stockable cart variants). But I have fixed it in the core for the next release.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Version 2.0.8 has now been released which means that the stockable cart variant is now at least usable.

Please be aware that the configuration for stock control now has an extra option. The option entitled "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" behaves the way that 99% of people (and every other e-commerce system that I'm aware of) would expect "Do not Display Product" to behave.

If you want the the display of products to be dependent on the child products rather than the redundant parent product, use this new option instead.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 30, 2012, 23:21:37 PM
Version 2.0.8 has now been released which means that the stockable cart variant is now at least usable.

Hi! What do you mean? Is there another way to do exactly the same thing than with the variants plugin?

By the way, about this plugin, I have a BUG issue. I posted on the dev section :
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104857.msg348967#msg348967

When i put a child product into the shopping cart, the SKU is not the good one.
Met this problem on my test website, but also on a fresh install.

Don't get it.

Thanks !

Florent
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

KarlRanseier

Quote from: KarlRanseier on June 06, 2012, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 11:54:31 AM

KarlRanseier,

I can replicate the translation bug. That's another one for the list.

Also, are you still seeing the problem where the initial/default child product price isn't being shown? I just can't replicate it any more. Do you have a link to somewhere that it's happening consistently?

The translation bug comes from the plugin or from a different place?

the problem with the initial/default child product price appears sometimes when you reload the page. When you visit the page through a normal link, the price is shown correctly.
Use the link i pm'd you, switch color by dropdown to the second one and change the size and then reload the page.

Karl

Hi, are there any updates for the translation bug?

Karl
Joomla 2.5.4 - VM 2.0.8c - custom template

OpenGlobal

This has now (hopefully) been fixed in 2.0.8.

OpenGlobal

knirving

After one click upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8c I started to receive the error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 436

The error occurs at the last order confirmation. As the child products worked before the update and after reverting to 2.0.6. There is either a bug in 2.0.8c or there is a bug in the update process.

Reverting back to 2.0.6 the problem went away.

OpenGlobal

That looks like an error we saw during testing. It looks like the VM core has been updated but not the plugins. If both the plugins and core are updated, that error should not appear.

Unless it's a completely different error.

Did you update the AIO bit as well as the core? You could try deleting stockable.php and then re-updating to make sure that the latest stockable.php gets installed.

OpenGlobal

emel

Would like to know where to find the latest stockable variant plugin. reading this topic, i lost counts in the many updates, bug-free, etc, etc.

so please... a link to the version that works fine in combination with the latest 2.08c...

THANX!!

OpenGlobal

The latest version is the one in 2.0.8c

OpenGlobal

KarlRanseier

HI,
i have some problems with the availability images.
Do i have to define the image for each stackable variant now?

What happens if the product is out of stock? I think then it schould show the image/text which is defined in "configuration/shopfront", but it doesn't.
Can you please give me some hints how to handle this availability images.

Also i changed some lines in the stackable.php
line 372-376

$(".availability img").remove();

if ("risetime" == stockhandle && stockable[found_id].product_availability) {
  $(".availability").append(stockable[found_id].product_availability);
}

thanks
karl

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 15, 2012, 19:14:09 PM

What happens if the product is out of stock? I think then it schould show the image/text which is defined in "configuration/shopfront", but it doesn't.

If you have defined the config to show the availability for out of stock items then it should show the variant's availability. If it doesn't have one, it should show the global availability field.

line 372-376

}

Why? What purpose does this serve?

OpenGlobal

KarlRanseier

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 15, 2012, 21:25:14 PM

If you have defined the config to show the availability for out of stock items then it should show the variant's availability. If it doesn't have one, it should show the global availability field.

hm sorry i don't get it. I have 3 options to define the availability.
The global one in Configuration/Shopfront
The one in the main product
The one in the variants

The variants have all the same availability (2-3 days), so i can define it just in the main product. am i right?
And if one variant is sold out it should show the image (3-4 weeks) i defined in the global config in Configuration/Shopfront?

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 15, 2012, 21:25:14 PM
line 372-376

}

Why? What purpose does this serve?
I did this because i have more information such as a multilanguage description inside this .availability div.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 15, 2012, 22:08:04 PM
The global one in Configuration/Shopfront
The one in the main product
The one in the variants

The variants have all the same availability (2-3 days), so i can define it just in the main product. am i right?

You can, but it will never be seen.

Quote from: KarlRanseier on July 15, 2012, 22:08:04 PM
And if one variant is sold out it should show the image (3-4 weeks) i defined in the global config in Configuration/Shopfront?

Yes, unless there is an override for that specific variant.

OpenGlobal