News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aandcmedia

Now getting this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelProduct::getProductShoppersByStatus() in /var/www/vhosts/dropva.com/httpdocs/upgrade/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php on line 181

OpenGlobal

Ah, I've just realised you're using 2.0.7f. The files on here are for 2.0.6. I think you should be able to put your old product.php back if you're not using the "Don't show out of stock products" config setting.

OpenGlobal

aandcmedia

No doesn't seem to work with the old one in it won't show the notify my correctly now. It shows notify me twice on products that should be instock and notify me once on out of stock products.

OpenGlobal

I guess this just doesn't work with 2.0.7f then. The attachments on this thread are designed for 2.0.6, so unless you need then changes from 2.0.7f, you could regress your installation to 2.0.6.

Or just wait for 2.0.8.

Of course, you'd never go live with 2.0.7f anyway :-)

OpenGlobal

emel

hi there

J2.5.5
VM 2.0.6.
tempalte: esport (gavick)

finally got the stockable variant working. Needs big caution to insert every variabel, remains buggy, but for now, it works.

But....

my setting is to display a "notify me" when the product is out of stock. This doesn't happen at all.

i need real help as my deadline approaches fast (1st of july) :( :(

regards
emel

[attachment cleanup by admin]

OpenGlobal

Can you send me a link to the site. The "Notify Me" message should be fixed in the latest stockable.php

OpenGlobal

dsrpmedia

hi openglobal, I have found one strange behaviour with the plugin.

it works great on parent items (i have 2 instances running 1 for canada, 1 for usa)

i have the 'quantity over' set to 1 & the fee set to 5

on parent items it works perfectly, but on generic child items (see http://vm20b.fyica.com/virtuemart/gardentools/child1-detail ) the shipping is not being added unless a parent level product is also added to the cart.

eg I can add 5 of 'child1' - no shipping is added, if I add a parent level product - eg http://vm20b.fyica.com/virtuemart/powertools/indoortools/drill-detail - then the shipping is added for the newly added product - plus the shipping for the child1 (all 5) is then added as well

emel

the out of stock works here, you just have to add a number to the main item (not the sub items). a bit strange because now, there is absolutely no admin warning when your main item has "0"  stock, and the sub-items/variants do have a stock... (!!)

when i have zero stock on the main item, the message is being displayed in my language, however there's a little code error here, see image.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

twitty1437

Hi OpenGlobal, I'm using Joomla! 2.5.6 and VM2.0.6 on Xampp on Ubuntu.
I have replaced my files with the latest product.php and stockable.php you have provided.
some problems i observe:

• In the child product, when i set the min and max product quantity, they won't work in the front end
  • When i add the same product to the cart at 2 different times, the same product appears as 2 separate items in the cart. And even though the total quantity is more than the available stock, I still can checkout

Question: the parent stock quantity doesn't matter any more since it won't be purchased, only the child products will be purchased. Am i right to say this?

Thanks for helping to make VM better.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: twitty1437 on June 26, 2012, 07:08:52 AM
In the child product, when i set the min and max product quantity, they won't work in the front end

Ooh, I haven't even tested that. I shall investigate this.

When i add the same product to the cart at 2 different times, the same product appears as 2 separate items in the cart. And even though the total quantity is more than the available stock, I still can checkout

There's nothing that can be done about the product appearing twice, this is down to core functionality and is basically because the core doesn't know how to behave with the plugins. The plugin might treat them as separate product, it might not, so it has to treat them as separate products.
I'll look into whether the plugin can sum the products already added to the cart so that the total quantity can't go over the stock level.

Question: the parent stock quantity doesn't matter any more since it won't be purchased, only the child products will be purchased. Am i right to say this?

Yes that's right. you can't buy the parent product so the stock level for this should be zero.

OpenGlobal

dsrpmedia

QuoteYes that's right. you can't buy the parent product so the stock level for this should be zero.

this is something I`ve been fighting with - if you can `t purchase the parent, surely there must be some way of not showing the parent price if it has children?

OpenGlobal

The displayed price is the parent price plus any "additional charge" from the plugin. The children aren't used. They're just placeholders for the stock control.

OpenGlobal

dsrpmedia

right
sorry I still get this confused - it is actually the generic child variant which allows to set a specific price independant of the parent.

twitty1437

Quote from: dsrpmedia on June 26, 2012, 19:09:46 PM
right
sorry I still get this confused - it is actually the generic child variant which allows to set a specific price independant of the parent.
The parent price is the "generic" price, say $10, the child products, let's say are different sizes, M size + $2, so total price is $10+$2=$12

twitty1437

Hi OpenGlobal,
One more to the list:
the product availability of the child products are not showing up when the child product is selected from the drop down list.
I think it currently only shows the parent's product availability.