News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlRanseier

HI,
i get this Error in my category views and my vm frontage.

QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /is/htdocs/zzz/www/xxx/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 213

line 213
foreach($field->child as $child_id => &$attribut) {

any hints on this?

thx karl
Joomla 2.5.4 - VM 2.0.8c - custom template

OpenGlobal

Err, that's a bizarre one. Do you have a product with a stockable variant custom field but no variants configured for it?

If you're able to identify the product causing this error, could you send me a screenshot of the config for it.

OpenGlobal

mowgs

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 12, 2012, 19:16:46 PM
No, for that functionality, you'll need the Generic Child Variants.

OpenGlobal

Is the image/description etc a complete no-go then?  The thing with generic child variants is that without hacking it to bits you can only really have one variation. 

If once the bugs etc were sorted that was something that could be worked on I'd be willing to pay for it? :)

Thanks for everything you've done so far though - it seems you've turned an unusable awkward plugin into something that does actually work!

OpenGlobal

Quote from: mowgs on June 13, 2012, 12:35:54 PM
Is the image/description etc a complete no-go then?

At the moment, yes. The stockable cart variants are just meant to be an extension of any normal cart variant, it just uses the child products to manage the stock.

The end goal is to get the Generic Cart Variants to the point where the stockable cart variants plugin can be dropped altogether. However, I realise that the Generic Cart Variants also needs a lot of work before this can be done (if it can be done at all).

If once the bugs etc were sorted that was something that could be worked on I'd be willing to pay for it? :)

I could certainly adapt this to a bespoke plugin if you need it. PM me.

Thanks for everything you've done so far though - it seems you've turned an unusable awkward plugin into something that does actually work!

I think it's now at a stage I could honestly start to call "beta". It's working well enough for the sites I've already created.

OpenGlobal

KarlRanseier

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 13, 2012, 10:24:24 AM
Err, that's a bizarre one. Do you have a product with a stockable variant custom field but no variants configured for it?

If you're able to identify the product causing this error, could you send me a screenshot of the config for it.

OpenGlobal

Hi thanks for your help.
Yes the error was caused by a product which had stockable variant custom field but no variants configured.
Deleting the plugin or configuring the variant solved the issue.

thanks, karl

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla 2.5.4 - VM 2.0.8c - custom template

OpenGlobal

WOW! What a great guess.

This could probably do with a better error/warning somewhere.

OpenGlobal

emel

hi there,

i use the eshop template (gavick) in combination with VM.

custom fields are one big mess so far.

i can add a field (multiple choice options), but as soon as i add the field to a product, i CAN"T delete the field. on the front page, the following errors are visible:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/users/galasftp/galaspeshitpillt.nl/templates/gk_esport/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php on line 299

not all sizes are available in each color, and not all sizes are in stock. And this is really something i have to control for my client.....

this must be do-able within the custom fields, once unbugged? or is there a workaround to achieve this ?

OpenGlobal

That doesn't look like a stockable variants bug. You should probably start a new thread for this issue.

OpenGlobal

Brigante88

Hello, I'm learning to use virtuemart for building ecommerce and I must say that it is very comprehensive and fairly easy to use ... but I encountered problems with the plug-in custom fields "Stockable variants", I explain the problem

The website is about shoes and I need to put, for each size, the number of pairs available, so far no problem
(see img1)

After setting the plugin, I created child products through the plugin inside the main product
(see img2)

all okkey far ...

But when I go to make a purchase, and select the size of the shoe (see img3) in the cart, the item NAME (where the product name and the variant selected, ie the size) appears quite accurate, however, the code Article SKU is another cut :(
(see img4)

I hope you understand my problem ... know how to solve this problem?

Thank you for any solution

[attachment cleanup by admin]

OpenGlobal

Are you using the latest version of stockable.php from this thread?

OpenGlobal

Brigante88

Hello, I tried to install your stockable.php (in / plugins / vmcustom / stockable) and product.php, but remains always the same problem.
The files I've got this your post:

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 07, 2012, 23:26:30 PM
I think I've got this sorted now. Although I may have missed somewhere.

I've attached two files, the stockable.php for the plugin and the latest version of my administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php file. This is for 2.0.6.

If there are no new problems with this, I'll merge my changes with the 2.0.7 code as well.

OpenGlobal

How can I fix?
Thanks to the support

OpenGlobal

Can you give me a link to the site. The config looks fine, I wonder if the javascript is doing something weird.

OpenGlobal

Brigante88

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 15, 2012, 12:19:26 PM
Can you give me a link to the site. The config looks fine, I wonder if the javascript is doing something weird.

OpenGlobal
You have a PM with user and password.
Thank you for support :D

OpenGlobal

There is a line in the javascript which cannot find the required element:

formProduct = Opt.parents(".productdetails-view").find(".product");

There is no element with a class of "productdetails-view". I guess default.php has been modified too much :-)

OpenGlobal