News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on June 04, 2012, 12:17:43 PM
One little tiny mistake happens in the frontend, when you load the page the price isn't calculated right on the default selected dropdowns. When you use the dropdowns, the prices are fine.

I've managed to replicate this problem once, and now I can't get it to do it again. I think it's do to with the execution order of the asynchronous code the modifies the price itself. The Virtuemart.setproducttype() function (the bit which modifies the price) is called once from the stockable variant plugin, and once from the external JS file that defines the function itself. If the asynchronous bit then executes in reverse order, the price gets set BACK to the original unmodified price.

I'm not sure what to do about this without modifying the core VM code.
[/quote]

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on June 04, 2012, 16:35:39 PM
Found another BUG

Adding a product more than once to the cart. it is displayed as an own product and not counted to the existing one.

Hmmmm.... Yes you're right. That's one's been there from the start and I hadn't noticed it at all.

Thanks

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Looking at administrator/..../helpers/cart.php, that last one is going to require a significant change in the way the cart works. It seems that all custom plugins will generate duplicates when added to the cart multiple times. The plugin itself has no way of controlling this and merging them into single lines.

I'll try to raise this with some other devs who may be able to look into it.

OpenGlobal

KarlRanseier

Found another BUG

maybe its not cause of the plugin but if you add a translation to a product, all variants are unlinked, they are still there but not connected.  :-\
Joomla 2.5.4 - VM 2.0.8c - custom template

Willc

Please man.
I dont know if this is a bug, or miss of feature.

Running VM 2.0.6 on Joomla 2.5.4.

Using Stockable Variants to choose between sizes of product.

I Seted 'Action when a Product is Out of Stock' to 'Displays Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart button'

If the parent product has stock, the select box used to choose size, just dont show the sizes that are out of stock.

If the parent product is out of stock, show the notify me, and still not showing the sizes out of stock in select box. And show the notify me, even the sizes that has stock are selected.

NOTE: The parent product will never get purchased, so the parent product stock must to be irrelevant.

The select box to choose the options, must show all options, then when user select a out of stock size, show the notify me instead add to cart.

Awaiting.

Thanks

Panayiotis Fafakos

We also have a bug in VM 2.0.7d with Joomla 2.5.4 and PHP 5.3

When we order a stockable item product we have the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 438

In order for the stockable items to be able to be purchased we have skipped the error by commenting out the lines that call the
plgVmGetProductStockToUpdateByCustom function which is defined in /plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php.

This modification is done in the /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/orders.php file.
We commented out lines 757 and 758 which now read
                               // $dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
                                //$dispatcher->trigger('plgVmGetProductStockToUpdateByCustom',array(&$product,$param, $productCustom));
Now, orders seem to be processed correctly.

Is there any solution to this problem yet, or not?

Could we all run the same VM version so as to specify bugs only for the head version?

What corrections should we apply in VM 2.0.7d?

Thank you for your support,

Panos.

Panayiotis Fafakos
Electronics & Software Engineer

OpenGlobal

Willc,

Yes this is a known bug which requires some changes to core code:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg335419#msg335419

I've chased this up with a developer to try to get this fixed. It's probably the single most important bug for this plugin because without it, the plugin isn't "stockable".

KarlRanseier,

I can replicate the translation bug. That's another one for the list.

Also, are you still seeing the problem where the initial/default child product price isn't being shown? I just can't replicate it any more. Do you have a link to somewhere that it's happening consistently?

Panos,

At what point are you given the error? I'll look into this further.

OpenGlobal

KarlRanseier

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 11:54:31 AM

KarlRanseier,

I can replicate the translation bug. That's another one for the list.

Also, are you still seeing the problem where the initial/default child product price isn't being shown? I just can't replicate it any more. Do you have a link to somewhere that it's happening consistently?

The translation bug comes from the plugin or from a different place?

the problem with the initial/default child product price appears sometimes when you reload the page. When you visit the page through a normal link, the price is shown correctly.
Use the link i pm'd you, switch color by dropdown to the second one and change the size and then reload the page.

Karl

OpenGlobal

Karl,

I think the attached version may fix the problem with the initial prices on reload/refresh.

OpenGlobal

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 13:00:32 PM
I think the attached version may fix the problem with the initial prices on reload/refresh.

I am not sure that i have the same "initial prices on reload/refresh" problem, because my stockable custom field has only one option field in it.
But i have a similar problem which might have the same cause:

If the child products are accessed (in the front-end) by choosing the custom field options, then the prices are always shown correctly (try: http://dimitriadis.wisdomsoftware.gr/e-shop/earrings/bianka2012-06-06-12-06-32_-detail    product: Bianka green gold, Sales price:20€)
If the child products are accessed directly through their url then, when the product page is loaded, it is always shown the prices of the first child (try: http://dimitriadis.wisdomsoftware.gr/e-shop/earrings/bianka-blue-silver-detail    product: Bianka Blue Silver,  Sales price:25€, Note that when the page loads the product price is correct but in a little while it changes to the price of the first product in the options list of the custom field)

I have installed your last version of stockable.php file
I use Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.7d
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

KarlRanseier

Quote from: gkolomvos on June 06, 2012, 14:36:38 PM
Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 13:00:32 PM

I am not sure that i have the same "initial prices on reload/refresh" problem, because my stockable custom field has only one option field in it.
But i have a similar problem which might have the same cause:

If the child products are accessed (in the front-end) by choosing the custom field options, then the prices are always shown correctly (try: http://dimitriadis.wisdomsoftware.gr/e-shop/earrings/bianka2012-06-06-12-06-32_-detail    product: Bianka green gold )
If the child products are accessed directly through their url then, when the product page is loaded, it is always shown the prices of the first child (try: http://dimitriadis.wisdomsoftware.gr/e-shop/earrings/bianka-blue-silver-detail    product: Bianka Blue Silver)

I have installed your last version of stockable.php file
I use Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.7d

your first link is broken.
the second works, and there is the same problem. you choose the "Blue Silver" version and the price get recalculated right, but if do a reload the price stays the same and the dropdown switches to "Green Gold" and shows the price of "blue Silver".

OpenGlobal

Quote from: gkolomvos on June 06, 2012, 14:36:38 PM
If the child products are accessed directly through their url then,

If you want to access the child products directly, then you'll need something else. This is the "stockable cart variants" plugin, not "stockable child products". It merely uses child products as placeholders "in the background" and they are never meant to be seen or used by the visitors.

OpenGlobal

Willc

Quote from: OpenGlobal
Willc,

Yes this is a known bug which requires some changes to core code:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg335419#msg335419

Hello, I get the attached php file and replaced my one. This now increase parent product stock with the total amount of the childs stock levels. That's really nice, but.
Still dont showing the options that are out of stock.

Let me know,  thats is no possible show all variants, and  then show notify me if user select a out of stock option?

Thanks again

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 14:51:26 PM
It merely uses child products as placeholders "in the background" and they are never meant to be seen or used by the visitors.

You are right , it 's OK to hide  the child products but how can you hide them from modules like "Latest" or "Best sell products"?

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

OpenGlobal

Quote from: Willc on June 06, 2012, 15:16:12 PM
Let me know,  thats is no possible show all variants, and  then show notify me if user select a out of stock option?

Without the changes to the core files, it's not possible. I'm trying to get these changes added by the developers into the next release. Without it, this plugin is almost useless.

OpenGlobal