News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Request: image folder for Custom Fields images...

Started by lipes, May 24, 2012, 03:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

In VM2 we got 8 images Folders located in "...\images\stories\virtuemart"
(1) Category , (2) forSale , (3) manufacturer , (4) payment , (5) product , (6) shipment , (7) typeless and (8 ) vendor folder
which 5 of them have a sub-folder called "resized" ....

So... if we want to use something like thumbs images (for example 30px x 30px) in the Product Custom Fields, that are not related with any of that previous folder names that i've described (isnt a product image, isnt a manufacturer logo... isnt a Category image, an so on... ) but it's related with a Product feature ...  which folder should we choose to store that thumb image?

I saw that when we call the Type "image" in the Product Custom Field it open all images of our VM Images Folders in that Product CustomField Area! :o
This could be a waste of VM resources, right?! For example if we got something like "150 categorys imgs, 8000 products imgs, 200 manufacturer logos, etc..." it's a confusion to search and select the correct image! One biggest scroll down or we must type the correct name -> but if the pictures got img name like "254685421.gif" etc .. we get lost without a "image preview"..

Solution to dont mix all images: If we could have a specific folder called something like "CustomField" only for this kind of actions ... could be better to search/find/filtering and call that specific Prod CF image that we want to use on that place..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

biltong

I'm using VM 3.0.14 - agree, this is essential when working with thousands of images on a site.