News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2_Theme_Shoplicious position questions

Started by ouroborus, June 02, 2012, 19:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouroborus

Hi,

Just bought the VM2_Theme_Shoplicious and it looks good. Was a bit worried after install that it doesn't appear in any of the drop downs in the virtue mart 'Templates' screen but it does indeed take over the shop theme. I've got a couple of questions:

1) how do you switch parts on and off? For instance in my Rocketheme clarion Joomla theme, the store is loaded from a menu. However it loads categories/featured products/topten and latest all one after another in mainbody posistion I guess.

2) Can I assigns the shoplicious elements to the gantry positions? I tried to move VM-Categories to maintop-a and the standard template VM categories selection is showing - not the new template one...

Sorry for these newbie questions - still finding my way around joomla/virtuemart.

ouroborus

Update based on basic research for anyone else starting using VM:

1) Virtuemart has very basic configuration via the GUI. For anything remotely advanced you will need basic php and html skills, or buy commercial modules. But still be prepared to need to configure their code also.

2) If you are using a Gantry based template, you can assign things like Cart and Search modules to gantry positions. However be prepared again to edit php/html to make it look any good. There isn't a template yet that changes these in V2.x. They all inherit your main joomla template, which will not have made any provision for these so it will look basic. Shoplicious for virtuemart does a great job of theming the main V2 virtue mart functionality view and the support is excellent. They say they are also working on theming the movable modules which would sort this.