News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Complete Guide for Joomla 1.5.26-2.5.X & VM1.X TO VM2.X/VM3.X MIGRATION

Started by paulyap2k, May 18, 2012, 04:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billo007

followed the instructions to the T redid it a dozen time with the same result the back end of virtuemart has all its products, categories, vendor info etc. The back end has no errors. When I try and set the menu item to virtuemart front page it saves properly. When I go to front end get a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request. no matter what categories I click on same result. Any help would be appreciated.

FrankA

Just completed this 1.0 to 1.1.9 and 2.0.16 plus joom 1-1.5-2.5 pheeeewwww smooth. Hard part was jupgrade is no longer in extensions but is still on-line and free (google).

The other eek was that instructions had one migrating vm after upgrade to J 2.5 but instructions at dashhelp migrate before j 2.5 upgrade.  To make it work, I had to rename jos_vm.... tables to j25_vm... then plain sailing.

Thanks to all involved in making this less painful :-)

ivan_wxt

Hi!

I tried to migrate several times but I have this message:

Start with a new migration process and setup log maxScriptTime 479 maxMemoryLimit 986
Archivos %s de media sincronizados en el directorio %s.
Processed 3 vm1 shoppergroups time: 0.00201296806335
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 101 categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 101 categories xref
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 1 manufacturer categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 1 manufacturers
Worked on migration for 67.856413126 seconds
Migration finished

But only 3000 orders from 6000 are migrated...

Could you help me please?

ivan_wxt

stuffdone

This assumes having use jupgrade.  I have had issues and wind up with cluttered SQL.  I install totally clean Joomla 2.5 and VM so there is no connection between the two installs.

I find this as part of instructions "Enable The "Enable database Update tools" in Virtuemart Configuration"  problem is there is no such option anywhere I can find in the configuration tabs?

Am I missing something?

I am surprised VM developers have not written a migration script that saves all settings for import into the new install.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ivan_wxt

Quote from: ivan_wxt on February 04, 2013, 22:30:43 PM
Hi!

I tried to migrate several times but I have this message:

Start with a new migration process and setup log maxScriptTime 479 maxMemoryLimit 986
Processed 3 vm1 shoppergroups time: 0.00201296806335
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 101 categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 101 categories xref
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 1 manufacturer categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 1 manufacturers
Worked on migration for 67.856413126 seconds
Migration finished

But only 3000 orders from 6000 are migrated...

Could you help me please?

I'm completely fool looking for a solution  :'( 

Nobody knows how I can arrange it?

Thanks in advance!

Shibumi

Quote from: paulyap2k on May 18, 2012, 04:03:41 AM
Steps4: Migrate Joomla First (install Jupgrade @ http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/joomla-migration/11658), go through the migration with the guide steps. You will notice that VM is not migrated to the new jupgrade folder, it is ok at this stage not seeing your VM in the new Joomla 2.5 under newly created jupgrade folder.

Step5: Upgrade VM using this guide (http://dashhelp.com/tutorials/joomla-tutorials/75-migrate-virtuemart-1-1-9-to-version-2-0-updates) in the new Jupgrade admin folder (www.yoursite.com/jupgrade/administrator etc), in addition to following the guide in moving VM product images folder to "/var/www/yoursite/images/stories/virtuemart" folder, also create an identical copy in "/var/www/yoursite/jupgrades/images/stories/virtuemart". This image move is required before VM2.0.6 migration. If you have done the migration and did not see the image related to the product, doing the migration again will not help fix it. You will need to restart the step 5 process from last akeeba backup,(drop all database before restore, i decide to drop the DB for simplicity although only certain tables are required to be cleared)

Quote from: dashhelp url=http://dashhelp.com/tutorials/joomla-tutorials/75-migrate-virtuemart-1-1-9-to-version-2-0-updatesIf you still have a 1.5 site using VM 1.1.x, an easier path to full migration will be to migrate Virtuemart first, then migrate Joomla.

I am curious that you state in this post to migrate Joomla from 1.5.26 to 2.5.x first, then VM, yet the VM migration guide at Dashhelp states to migrate VM first then Joomla? Which is actually easier and more successful?
Jeff
=================================================
Scionergy.com - www.Scionergy.com
Scion Owners Club of Ottawa - www.ScionOwnersClubOttawa.ca
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

macchu

Quote from: paulyap2k on May 18, 2012, 04:03:41 AM
After several migration attempts through combination of methods found online, finally got a working approach that successfully migrates Joomla 1.5.x to 2.5.4 and VM1.1.x to VM2.0.6. Doing this for my future ref as well as assisting those who're still in need of a working approach for both joomla and virtuemart migration

Step0: Do this migration on a test site, before moving it to a live site after testing.

Step1: To reduce complication, I have strip Joomla of all unnecessary extension and kept only VM and Akeeba Backup in place, and selected default template that comes with Joomla original install.

Akeeba Backup

Step2: Patch Joomla to latest 1.5.26 (patch up one version at a time using FTP to patch 1.5.x version to latest version
(stable patched package can be found @ http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.5_version_history#Joomla.21_1.5.22 )

Akeeba Backup
Step3: Patch VM1.x to 1.1.9 (patch can be found @ http://virtuemart.net/downloads)

Akeeba Backup   (Name your backup to indicate a patched Joomla and VM version)

Steps4: Migrate Joomla First (install Jupgrade @ http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/joomla-migration/11658), go through the migration with the guide steps. You will notice that VM is not migrated to the new jupgrade folder, it is ok at this stage not seeing your VM in the new Joomla 2.5 under newly created jupgrade folder.

Akeeba Backup  (Name your backup to indicate upgraded Joomla and old VM version)

Step5: Upgrade VM using this guide (http://dashhelp.com/tutorials/joomla-tutorials/75-migrate-virtuemart-1-1-9-to-version-2-0-updates) in the new Jupgrade admin folder (www.yoursite.com/jupgrade/administrator etc), in addition to following the guide in moving VM product images folder to "/var/www/yoursite/images/stories/virtuemart" folder, also create an identical copy in "/var/www/yoursite/jupgrades/images/stories/virtuemart". This image move is required before VM2.0.6 migration. If you have done the migration and did not see the image related to the product, doing the migration again will not help fix it. You will need to restart the step 5 process from last akeeba backup,(drop all database before restore, i decide to drop the DB for simplicity although only certain tables are required to be cleared)

Akeeba Backup  (Name your backup to indicate upgraded Joomla and Upgraded VM version)

Step6: Clean your web folder, and restore your new site at intended "var/www/yoursite/"

Note:
- I use "https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/official/akeeba-kickstart.html" to restore

Hope this guide help save you some time.

Hello :)

thanks for this tutorial, but I have a question : if I understand correctly, I first have to perform:
First: an upgrade Joomla 1.5.26 to Joomla 2.5.
Then: to migrate from 2.0.x Virtuemart Virtuemart to 1.1.9
Correct?

thank you in advance ^^

FrankA

@macchu I have noticed the reversal of order, it was definitely upgrade Joomla first... but now talk is VM first. The latter may be an issue if you have more than one image per product as that utility still assumes you upgrade Joomla first. Very confusing but I have done 3 with Joomla first and two went OK. Currently doing another.

lliseil

Quote from: Shibumi on February 28, 2013, 23:53:04 PM
I am curious that you state in this post to migrate Joomla from 1.5.26 to 2.5.x first, then VM, yet the VM migration guide at Dashhelp states to migrate VM first then Joomla? Which is actually easier and more successful?

I am surprised VM developers have not written a migration script that saves all settings for import into the new install.
@Shibumi: you mean like this one? Anyway they coded a component that handle its own migration process quite well in real life (only my experience), and wrote an exact if simple howto

@Shibumi and FrankA
Migrating Joomla first was also recommended by jeronimo078.
Now the two times I've done this way have resulted in no Shoppers and invoices data migrated to Vm2.
Migrating VM first solved this both time.
Have posted a detailed memo that is based on paulyap2k's but takes account of our own successful (so far) migration to VM2 and Joomla 2.5: http://web.lliseil.fr/e-commerce/38-migrer-sa-boutique-vers-virtuemart-2 (detailed steps are in plain English)

stuffdone link=topic=102783.msg380248#msg380248 date=1360780802]
I also have had systematic issues when using jupgrade (more precisely various structural inadequencies into the ASSETS table, which is Joomla core table). We have finaly solved them using ikajaste's assetweaver but only partially!
- A thread solved is a thread [SOLVED]! (a memo for myself)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dhymcali

Quote from: lliseil on April 30, 2013, 14:03:45 PM

@Shibumi and FrankA
Migrating Joomla first was also recommended by jeronimo078.
Now the two times I've done this way have resulted in no Shoppers and invoices data migrated to Vm2.
Migrating VM first solved this both time.
Have posted a detailed memo that is based on paulyap2k's but takes account of our own successful (so far) migration to VM2 and Joomla 2.5: http://web.lliseil.fr/e-commerce/38-migrer-sa-boutique-vers-virtuemart-2 (detailed steps are in plain English)

Thanks @lliseil for this!

I have tried migrating joomla first and then VM but wasn't successful (images were missing) :(
So I am trying to migrate VM first by following the steps on http://web.lliseil.fr/e-commerce/38-migrer-sa-boutique-vers-virtuemart-2

I managed to migrate to VM 2 (still using joomla 1.5.26) and all the images are there BUT I can't seem to be able to configure the shop from the backend...
I can't select the currency... The drop down menu displays all the currencies but when I try to select a currency it doesn't work and the same things happen in the additional information with both the country and the state...

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do?

Someone did suggest migrating to joomla 2.5 with jupgrade before configuring the shop (which is not what is suggested in http://web.lliseil.fr/e-commerce/38-migrer-sa-boutique-vers-virtuemart-2) but when I did that all my shop information was missing (no vendor, no products, no images etc. etc.)

I tried looking at other threads but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

Help would be soooo appreciated!

Cheers :)

jenkinhill

Quote from: dhymcali on June 21, 2013, 18:09:16 PM
I can't select the currency... The drop down menu displays all the currencies but when I try to select a currency it doesn't work and the same things happen in the additional information with both the country and the state...

Indicates you are not logged in as Vendor yet - there is a set vendor tool at the bottom of the migration tab.

But as some VM2 functions do not work under J1.5.26 it may be better to migrate your Joomla version to 2.5.11 before setting up the store. As long as you do everything on copies of the original site then you can't lose everything.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK