Upgrade J2.5.11 + VM1 to VM2: add-to-cart: empty...!! No matter what I try

Started by Ixelink, June 12, 2013, 21:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixelink

Hi,

I had to upgrade a live virtuemart, because the J1.5.23 was hacked twice. I had no choice. Upgrade to J2.5.11 and VM to 2.0.20b. A much better Virtuemart, very many improvements. And Joomla 2.5.11 is also a lot better!
The site is now back and there were not many items in the shop, so I can get over with that. But I am facing a huge problem, because no matter what I try. With the child items, I get a popup with no link to the checkout. The basket stays empty.
And only the main item (when I give it an amount) will lead me to the checkout, but with an empty basket: 0.00.

The tables in the database show j25_virtuemart_...
I have only one doubt, and that's the difference between jos_vm_product and j25_virtuemart_product. The last one has way less table cell's than jos. But perhaps that's due to the rewriting of the structure of VM2.

One thing: I have installed catproduct for the posiblity to get multi entries into the basket. Furst I thought the problem was with that plugin. But turning it off and let the main product do the job, gave, as I said, an empty basket.
So I think the problem lies in Virtuemart itself...

I have tried to find a post about this, and some were, but geve me no solution to this problem.
Was VM2.0.20b ready to be called stable?

Regards,
Maarten

Milbo

of course it is, you have a nice template, but it uses a fancybox as popup, do you use the vm2.0.21? can you give me a link to "catproduct" ?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Ixelink

Hi Milbo,

Thanx for the compliment. Yes, it was a fancybox error indeed!
I have it finally flowing now. Next step: shipping and billing..:-)

Regards,
Maarten