News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem updating Virtuemart 2.0.2 to 2.0.6

Started by toonetcreation, May 16, 2012, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonetcreation

Hello all,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 with Virtuemart 2.0.2.

I have read these instructions to update VM from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6 http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Easy_VirtueMart_2_Install_Instructions , but it does not work.

When I unzip com_virtuemart.2.0.6_extract_first.zip file, I get these 2 files:

com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz
com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar

Then if I try to install them through Joomla extensions manager, as explained in the procedure, it does not work I get a white screen.

The problem is: I don't have the file called com_virtuemart.2.x.zip but I have it with the extension .tar.gz ... maybe this is the problem?

I have tried to unzip the file com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz and then to unzip too the file called com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar to install files from a directory.
It works but I get some bugs on Joomla, look images below or in attachments to this post:

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Many thanks
Laurent

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mordeng

was going to post the exact same thing...i think i also folled up some tables.....

no one knows?

toonetcreation

I have found the solution for the error message displayed in the attached file called error2.jpg

Go to Components -> VirtueMart -> Configuration -> Configuration -> then Templates tab -> on the Media Files Settings area fill in the Safe Path field

The path must be absolute and outside the joomla site directory.

Example for me:

My site is located in: C:\EasyPHP-5.3.5.0\www\my_site

Safe Path will be: C:\EasyPHP-5.3.5.0\www\vmfiles

Be careful, the folder vmfiles must be created before saving the configuration.

But the previous bug, see error1.jpg still exist.

I have found another bug linked to the ADD TO CART button.
Previously, I had a message PRODUCT ADDED in a popup, but now, when I click on the ADD TO CART button, I am redirected directly to the cart with a simple message on the top of the screen...popup effect has disapeared.

Any idea?

Thanks
Laurent

biowan

Thanks ;)
I just found the solution myself about the safe path and I would share the solution.  ;D

Milbo

Lol, I do not understand why a message saying todo something is a bug.

When you car says, "Hey,.. I am out of GAS" do you would consider that as bug? Never, but in vm2 you do. Create a safepath is NOT a bug, it is a message telling you that your setup is not finished yet, quite easy, or? There exists already at least 10 posts about both problems.

The other problem was solved by everyone just pressing F5, you get the doubled tabs when you update. It has something todo with old session data.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

I agree and was my fault, the message was not a bug....writing error.

You're right for the double tab, after cleaning cache, temp files etc..it works.

But about ADD TO CART button, there is a solution?

Milbo

When you click on our live updater (/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=liveupdate).

Then you see an iframe of this page http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/416. There is at begin "In the VirtueMart configuration, in the checkout tab, check the box "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'", if you want your website to behave as before." additionally to that, often already answered in the forum.

Ey, I am nasty :-) dont take it too seriously
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

No problem  ;)

OK thanks, I have found this option that's fine.

But, sorry  ;), if I enable modal popup, ADD TO CART button does not work...I have to refresh the page to see products in the cart.
But if I disable modal popup, the ADD TO CART button works as I said previously, I'm redirected to the cart with all the details.

A last idea?  :)

Many thanks again.

Milbo

This is then a js problem, you may try the new version 2.0.7c, I am uploading it next hours.

toonetcreation

Ok I will test it as soon it's available.
but I suppose this release will be a test version and not a stable version?

A last remark, now, if modal popup is disabled and then if I click on ADD TO CART button, the message PRODUCT ADDED is displayed twice in the cart...

toonetcreation

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest version 2.0.7c and 3 issues:

- the ADD TO CART button problem still exist : if I click on it, nothing appears, I have to refresh the page to see products in the cart.

- the NOTIFY ME button does not work anymore (was working on 2.0.6 version): if a product is not in stock and if I click on this button, instead of having the field to type my email address, I am redirected on a page with some products.

- the version number is not correct in backend: it's written 2.0.7b instead of 2.0.7c

Thanks
Laurent

toonetcreation

I'm sorry again but a last question, do you know when the next stable version will be available (approximatively) ?

jenkinhill

Add to cart & Notify work fine for me with VM2.0.7c on J2.5.4 - I suggest you look for JavaScript conflicts in your setup, maybe with your Joomla template, as these issues you are having is not related to 2.0.7 being development versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum