News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Manufacturer Module (not working) Bug

Started by lipes, May 16, 2012, 00:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

We cant change yet our Manufacturer Module to have something like this:
http://demos.virtueplanet.com/shiny/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer
4 (or more) Manufacturers images Columns .....
Seems that development of Virtueplanet.com in goes 1 step ahead from the Virtuemart Community .....   :'(
(dont understand why they dont share/contribute ...)

every VM2 websites have the same configuration: 3 Manufacturer Columns (image + text)
and i (as a normal/random user) cant change my test website...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

Hi,
I like that link you showed in regards to manufacturer.

* I think it would not take long in a simple HTML - wrapper page in Joomla to set up.

* I had a client ask for a new front page - they actually did the image themselves and I just added the images and the hot spots to the
categories "maufacturers" and they had a simple front page like the link below.

* but a maufacturer front page is a great idea.

thanks lipes - gave me a few ideas.

lipes

Hi John.
Good night "here", but you're @ Australia maybe it's good morning "there" :)

Manufacturer "things" are giving me many problems @ vm2...
1) The Mod VM Manufacturer is not working fine.. we always get 3 columns displayed with "image + text" .. and its impossible to change the configuration...
2) If you go to view that MF products you wont get that Manufacturer Title Name .. you'll get a <h1></h1> in HTML empty ...
Reported here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102700.0
3) In Admin area we cant connect more than one Product MF Category (add more or remove to none) to Manufacturer Categories...
4) We cant have a menu (like a categorie module) that works in the Brand Manufacturer page Layout that give us all the Category Names of that Manufacturer that we've got selected... maybe like a filter ...

well at least i gave you inspiration with that example... hihihi :)
Best regards!
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

Thanks lipes,

yes morning here , beautiful sunny day 20*C . 10.00am
I'm actually watching youtube - "old gold's gym" movie
and watching some posts on Virtuemart.

* Keep asking questions and putting ideas forward - I read a lot of your posts and Like your suggestions
* thanks - yes I have a client who was asking similar questions in regards to - car parts and manufacturers -

* your idea if we could do it would be better than mine - I think that needs to go into the suggetsion box for milbo