2.0.8e - low stock notification to vendor does not work (updated)

Started by John2400, May 15, 2012, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

I have one product , I have 2 in stock, I have notification set to 1.

I purchase the product and it is confirmed. I note that the booked increases by 1. The stock remains the same?.

No emails come to the vendor to inform him/her of the low levels.

* I have changed the configuration settings several time to see different options.

* is the vendor supposed to receive and email?

* did not move this post because it is in regards to 2.0.6 https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102606.new#new

Milbo

What happens, when you set it on shipped?

Maybe we use the real stock without adding the "ordered stock".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

yayadk

I am in it too... have shippet it and the same results... no notification

John2400

Hi just so you can see my steps,
* tested the shipped options and changed it back and forth to different oiptions many times.
Firstly I have in configuration set 'Displays "Notify Me"

* I set my product to two products and notification to 1 - purchased the product and I received two perfect emails - buyer and vendor. ( no email notifiaction came.) image 1 see atatched
* I went to to orders and set it to shipped and saved I received two perfect emails - buyer and vendor  ( not email notification came) image 2 & 3 see attached

* purchased another - to see if 0 products would work - again I received two emails and - no notification came.

*As you can see I have stock go down, it is then recorded as shipped and products change but I only know that the stock is down by looking at the front end ( viewing the stock visual images) or by going into the back end and looking at the inventory/ or the actual product status?

* I think we should receive an email letting the vendor know. 

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

tested version 2.0.7 c - same issue -

* is the vendor supposed to receive an email if the stock gets too low?

If yes then this needs a little fixing - I repeated the steps  I did in version "b"

same thing happens.

John2400

This time I tried with registered and unregistered,

clients - and again I went through the whole - purchasing three products - right to 0 - then shipped each one at a time and the result was the same.

toonetcreation

Hello,

Same problem for me but using VM 2.0.6
Vendor does not receive an alert email when stock decrease or when stock level = 0

Any information about this?

Thanks
Laurent

John2400

?? hi we just have to wait for new versions - lots of work going on.

toonetcreation

Thank you for your reply.
And do you know when new version will be available (approx) ?

John2400

In version e - this is still an issue -  Everything else worked well ( as I mentioned in another post But the vendor did not get an email letting him know that the stock had gone to zero) .

There is a place to check but I think this is important) - is it an added feature or one that is a bug - broken? 

I'm not sure.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102789.0 (other post) where almost everything worked perfectly.

toonetcreation

Ok thanks.
So that mean the next VM stable version will fix all these issues.

John2400

New update ,

* no email arrives to tell the vendor her/she has no stock left. Has to manually check it.   I know the first customer who wants it will ask and an email will arrive but best to know first .

I see there are new modifications in F - maybe just the back template - all works as I describe below -

I turned on the notificataion in configuartion just in case someone will ask that question. - then waited for the email to come through- the
rest appears quite OK -
* set the notify in the configuartion, Buyer buys the product , emails arrive, confirm the order and the emails come through again. Stock goes down, to notify level- action is shown on the front. Those who bought the product appear in the back order - great stuff.

alatak

Hello,

I have fixed it. Should work in the 2.0.7.G version

John2400

Hi,

Small problem, one might be related to each other - the new update "G" does not pick up the variant names - so the large cart shows the product and odd variant descriptions.  When I confirm the order the cart just hangs and does not return to the usual message that the product has been ordered etc.

See : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103126.0

* With all the configurations set correctly in the shop for notify customer etc - I wait and the emails come through. One for the customer and one for the vendor ( my test) - buyer and seller.  ( at the moment I am getting two email of each - and I think it is because of these Variant problems.

Every thing works as I described below in the posts below (previously)  - so I will have to wait to see if the Variant issue is fixed first until I can accurately test the orders issue.