Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

100% off coupon order is pending

Started by webiedesign, May 08, 2012, 22:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webiedesign

Joomla! 2.5.3
Virtuemart 2.06

I have coupons for some customers that give them 100% off. The order completes through PayPal yet shows as pending. How can I have these orders be marked as complete ? I have set up a PayPal payment option (named "I have a coupon") and have the PayPal configuration of "Order Status for Pending transactions" set to Confirmed, but yet even when the order completes it is still set as pending.
Mary

alatak

Hi,

Paypal does not accept payment of an amount of 0.
If you have a coupon of 100%, the the order total is 0. And the order is not sent to Paypal, and the order stays in the "Pending" because it is the status when an order is created.

Quote"Order Status for Pending transactions"
This parameter is used when a transaction is sent to Paypal, and Paypal returns the status "Pending".

anaffelici

So... what the solution to make 100% coupon discounts with VM2?

tks

celticwebs

Without actually trying it to test, I think you can set that paypal configuration only allows payments of 0.01 and above.  Then setup a different payment which will only accept payments of 0.00 so it gets selected for free products.  I'm assuming this will then allow you purchase a free product and properly complete the checkout procedure.

Hope that works for you :)

anaffelici

Tks celticwebs,

I tried these settings, and simply nothing happens:  Paypal min value=0.01, but it still as a payment option for Zero oders values.

About the PayPal problem with 0 orders, I solved with this post http://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon-virtuemart/help-section/error-coupon-equal-sales-price#comment-3071

Great coupon plugin and Fantastic support!