Why "Missing Value for…" in the cart?

Started by patrik60, May 08, 2012, 19:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

testing 2.0.7 rev 6012 I get a message with some missing values like email, first name, last name etc. when looking at the cart ("clicking "show cart"). Is this your intention? or a bug? Or did I miss something? It makes no sense because nothing is missing when clicking/looking for the first time at the cart  ???

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patrik60

This must have been a browser cache problem: after updating to rev 6012 I always got the message "Missing value for email address", "missing value for name", "missing value for firstname", missing value for address1" and "missing value for billing address" each time I clicked "show cart" . Just now when restarted the browser for posting a screenshot this message doesn't appear again. I will post more in case it happens again.

patrik60

The problem started again with revision 6018. See attached pic.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

freshfranky

Hey budy

Could you solve this issue. I have the same. Expect its coming from the combination virtuemart 2.0.6 with onepage checkout. I couldnt find the solution and i find many customers jumping off in the cart step.

patrik60

RuposTel OPC? This is solved with version 2.0.82.

freshfranky

Hy

No I'm using the linelab opc but also there it's solved with the new version. At least, the first time you go to your cart. After its coming again. Ouffff.

JasonYohon

I am having this problem as well using the latest stable releaser 2.0.10 I am using a one-page-checkout extension and wonder if this may be causing some conflict.

I could dig in and remove the language and make it disappear but I would rather actually fix the bug and/or conflict.

Any update on this? Anyone know why/where this is happening?

bytelord

Hello,

Could you please ask the vendor of OPC?
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

JasonYohon

I have asked the OPC vendor. His response: "Missing Value" message show only after page reload. This is a default checkout feature of VirtueMart.

I tend to think he is right, I just didn't realized it only happened on page reload.

I am not registering customers for checkout, it seems VM shouldn't care that the fields are empty until you click next/submit.

Any ideas how to turn this off?

Milbo

you switch off that they are required maybE? Others dont have that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rajmohansoft

Hi,

Virtuemart version : 3.0.9
     Joomla : 3.4.3
     Upgrad from : 2.5 to 3.4
     I have problem with virtuemart checkout page. the shipping address email value missing error. And i checked the code find out some issue.

Path :   components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php
     Code:  $stData = $userModel->getUserAddressList($currentUser->id, 'ST', $this->selected_shipto);
     Line no : 944

that code called the user model and  getUserAddressList get the value from $__virtuemart_userinfos table,that table doesn't have the email field
    so the the error message "Missing value for E-Mail" comes.How can overcome this issue.

Studio 42

Hi,
You can manually readd the missing field in virtuemart_userinfos table.
Check in your userfield if this is in the list, or you have to add it too

rajmohansoft

Hi

Any other way to resolve this problem because i client didn't like to override the core table or function..

Artemi0

Same problem has rajmohansoft and same setting
Virtuemart version : 3.0.9
     Joomla : 3.4.3
     Upgrad from : 2.5 to 3.4

One difference, message is "Missing value for Ship To state id"

This message appears if the buyer is a guest or if try to register or even if the user is already registered and the field  "State" is filled.

In this case (registered user with all fields filled) when get to shopping cart the dropdown "State" has no value.

You can look and try at kromalia.com