News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't Install VM2?

Started by ShaneTFletcher, May 05, 2012, 13:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneTFletcher

So, I used my WAMP to local host my Joomla website which had Virtuemart 2 installed, everything was running perfectly. I decided to upload a new Joomla e-commerce website which I was hoping VM2 can be installed, so I uploaded Joomla using Filezilla.

I am using the web host 000webhost.com which is free and not to bad of a hosting.

Anywho, my problem with VM2. When I go onto the extension manager and choice the VM2 folder (com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz) and selected upload. It suddenly says "No data received" - "Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.". I am using Google Chrome.
I researched this problem and found that changing the folder is a .zip, not .gz. I did this and when starting to upload, it seems like its actually working. After several minutes, the web page is still loading and doing nothing. After around 3-4 minutes the page refreshes itself and nothing happens, back to square 1.

I wanting to see if its my web host so I decided to upload some random template and a random module, they seem to work just fine.

I contacted 000webhost to increase something in the php.ini (I forgot what the option is to change :( ). I have not had anything back from them.

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

ShaneTFletcher

bmueller

Hi Shane, I had similar problems when updating to 2.0.6
What you need to increase in the php.ini is the execution time.
The default is at 30, on my local MacBook Pro (testsite) I needed 60, on the website where I host my live site a lot more, 160 !
So, please try to set execution time to a larger value and retest.
(And don't forget that you have to restart the Apache Server for the setting to take effect !)

Cheers,
Bernhard

JoomTut

Free host just for ... fun  ;D

You can start with a cheap host is marked "Joomla CMS support"
http://www.joomtut.com - How to Joomla!
Joomla! & VirtueMart Pro Support.
http://www.joomtut.com/joomla-clip.html - 14 steps to creating a Joomla! website with video clip tutorials

jenkinhill

Yup. You get what you pay for. But also avoid cheap hosts - too much support time is wasted here and on the Joomla forums because people too often use lower cost hosting, such as NoGodaddy or similar where you can never be sure if the server you end up on is overcrowded or badly set up.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum