Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

cannot activate virtuemart

Started by MartinSchmied, June 28, 2012, 16:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinSchmied

hi

i have the following problem:

some months ago I deactivated my Virtuemart because it was not needed. I put in a text which should occur instead of the products and so on.....

now I wanted to activate virtuemart again, but I can't. The problem is that i cannot open the configuration in virtuemart module! When I open the virtuemart module in backend the formatting is really bad (i don't know why). And when I press "configuration" I get an error request 404 NOT FOUND!!!

Do you know how to fix this problem?

lg

jenkinhill

Reinstall? Seriously, we don't know how you "deactivated" VM - most would unpublish menu links, modules and plugins, and disable the VM component in Joomla's Extension manager.

If it was months ago there have been many updates since then so you will require a later version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MartinSchmied

yea reinstall would be a possible solution, but I have changed some things in the files of virtuemart (for example for changing the content of the automatic emails). These changes and my products/taxes a.s.o will be deleted isn't it?

greeds

jenkinhill

They will not be deleted if you followed the recommended procedure of using template overrides. If you just install the latest version using Joomla's extension manager then no product or configuration data will be overwritten.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MartinSchmied

where can I find this recommended procedure?

greeds

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK