News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order Confirmation Page

Started by dorkus, April 30, 2012, 10:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorkus

Can the order confirmation page be changed to display within the general template?

When users finally clicks on Checkout, all they get is a standalone page with almost no skinning containing their login and password. Can we have a confirmation page to display within the template which clearly states "Thank you for your order" etc. like we had with VM 1?

dorkus

this is how my order confirmation page looks like?!?!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dorkus

Guys, please, I looked all over the place, no solutions anywhere.

We run VM 2.0.4 and the latest Joomla built.

We want users to see a page called "Thank you for your order" which appears in the general layout of the rest of the page.

Right now it only shows the mail template as confirmation and NO EMAIL confirmation has been sent ;(

I found that there is an "order_done.php" template that should display thank you message but somehow it is not getting called in the cart.php for some reason??? the code at least is there:

public function confirm() {

//Use false to prevent valid boolean to get deleted
$cart = VirtueMartCart::getCart();
if ($cart) {
$cart->confirmDone();
$view = $this->getView('cart', 'html');
$view->setLayout('order_done');
// Display it all
$view->display();
} else {
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
$mainframe->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart'), JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_DATA_NOT_VALID'));
}
}

function cancel() {
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
$mainframe->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart'), 'Cancelled');
}

}

Please help!!

DaggaTora

Yes, I've modified order_done.php with no success.

help needed?
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

bizguy

Hi:

I don't know if you still need an answer here, but so the answer is available to others, here is what I have found.
Every payment method that you enable, includes a configure tab. Here you can configure information that will be displayed on each Thank You, confirmation page. You can use full HTML markup to design the page the way you want. You may want to design your page in your editor, then cut and paste the code into this page, I wrapped my message in a div to remove the centering that was the default configuration.

<div align="left">
    <h2>Title of your message</h2>
    <p>Enter text and HTML to be displayed<br />
    as your design it</p>
    <p><strong>Enjoy!</strong></p>
</div>

The information will be displayed above the link to view the order.
Hope this helps someone.
Ed

peaceandlove

Quote from: bizguy on October 12, 2012, 06:36:50 AM
Hi:

I don't know if you still need an answer here, but so the answer is available to others, here is what I have found.
Every payment method that you enable, includes a configure tab. Here you can configure information that will be displayed on each Thank You, confirmation page. You can use full HTML markup to design the page the way you want. You may want to design your page in your editor, then cut and paste the code into this page, I wrapped my message in a div to remove the centering that was the default configuration.

<div align="left">
    <h2>Title of your message</h2>
    <p>Enter text and HTML to be displayed<br />
    as your design it</p>
    <p><strong>Enjoy!</strong></p>
</div>

The information will be displayed above the link to view the order.
Hope this helps someone.
Ed

I want to edit the confirmation page but where does we put the code you are talking, i never found any place for that code

creezi

You can find it in the backend of your site Admin page shop- payment methods - and under the payment method you can place HTML in the configuration.

NOTE: this message is also displayed in the order confirmation e-mail and in the customers page under orders. Which makes no sence to me at all.
Since you say thank you for your order once with some instructions about payment perhaps. This should not be displayed on the orders page for the customer or in the invoice sent to the customer. Saying your invoice is mailed to you, IN the email is a bit weird.

So does anyone know how to alter the page template?